Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

motorcycles in seoul / rest of korea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quercus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:19 am    Post subject: motorcycles in seoul / rest of korea Reply with quote

hello, i live in mokpo and ride a daelim magma 125. i paid 800,000 won for it. it has almost 30,000 k's on it. i want a new bike. i can trade it in for 500,000 won. i would like a new 125 or 250. i can buy one here for no less than a million won for a 125cc magma with 7,000k's. up to 2.5 for a new 250cc. does anyone ride anywhere else, primarily seoul or busan who knows if i can get a similar bike for less? i would love to pay a million won for a 250cc with 7-10,000 k's on it. any suggestions?

does anyone know if there is a 250cc magma?, i like the magma but not the mirage or daystar, too fat.

for anyone who has a 125 or 250, how far and what kind of trips have you taken on it in korea?

has anyone taken there bikes by ferry to china? that would be great.

thanks for any replies here or at my email

[email protected]
dutchman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these BMW scooters (the ones with the 'roll cage' and harness)? I've seen a couple on the road but don't know where to get one.

I know it's not a 'real' motorcycle and I'm a wuss for wanting one, but hey I've got two kids. Safety is more important than sexy now. Very Happy
gajackson1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grab a Korean friend with good English (good enough for you), and hit either the little corner papers, or 'motorcycle street' in Seoul.

Probably, if you hit enough regular used motorcycle shops, you could undercut that price a fair bit.

G.
Arthur Fonzerelli

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Hyosung/Suzuki EXIV 125 cc. sportbike. I bought it used (26,000 km) for 1.5 mil... It's a decent bike (fast as lightening) but doesn't have a kickstart (sucks in cold weather). I have travelled to pretty much every part of Seoul on it. I was contemplating riding to Pusan this summer, but never had the balls to go through with it.

Those prices do seem a bit high. Go to Toegero Street in Chungmuro (Seoul) and you will see a boulevard filled with bikeshops selling a good variety of bikes/scooters... You can definitely bargain down prices here on a decent ride...

I can't wait till spring to start cruising again...If anyone in Seoul is interested in cruising to Pusan together give the Fonz a ring...
captain kirk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you go to 1stopKorea.com and click on motorcycling among the expat information there .....is an essay by a korean expat bike enthusiast with directions to the bike market in seoul where exotics can be found, such as the 250 you want to find for a million. me too.
i've had a 125 daelim vs and took it on driving all day both days the weekend roadtrips. fantastic. from north of kwangju down to chindo and yosu, kwanyang (steel town south coast).
but a two fifty would be boss for the power for hauling and long hours and up grades, like in the mountains.
captain kirk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a question. i've ridden a motorbike in the korean countryside, and kwangju. and in taiwan in the very busy streets. but what's it like driving in seoul. seoul has a lot more cars, and there's the rub, right? in taiwan there are two wheelers galore so there's a slow moving consideration/relationship between car drivers and scooters. i mean, a car driver was hauled around with his brother and sister (mom and three kids on one scooter). BUT in seoul taxi drivers and motorbike delivery drivers have an abrasive relationship(?) . comments from seoul motorbike drivers?
jsmac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dutchman wrote:
Does anyone know where I can buy one of these BMW scooters (the ones with the 'roll cage' and harness)? I've seen a couple on the road but don't know where to get one.

I know it's not a 'real' motorcycle and I'm a wuss for wanting one, but hey I've got two kids. Safety is more important than sexy now. Very Happy

Dude, if you get smoked by a car that roll cage and harness will only make it harder to extract the pieces...
beebee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like red hot magma !!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: