Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A question for the ladies...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetBear

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: A question for the ladies... Reply with quote

Girls, where can I find a salon that will do waxing, pedi and facial in Seoul? Especially waxing?
SB
ajuma

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the beauty salon over Burger King in Itaewon. They do just about everything!
K-in-C

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Relaxation Reply with quote

Yeah, you can get a great massage for about 30,000 w there to. It's 'The Green Turtle.'

I love turtles. Very Happy

Cheers,

Kate
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know if/where i can buy clinique products in korea?
K-in-C

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Creamy Reply with quote

Howard Roark wrote:
does anyone know if/where i can buy clinique products in korea?

Good stuff. What city are you in? There are a few cosmetic shops in Seoul called Oliver or something similiar to that. They have a green fronting. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact name but it does start with an "O," and it is an English word. I saw it in Nonhyeon -dong, gangnam-Gu. It is on the same side of the street as the new movie house is. I believe the theatre is called Broadway. There is also another one close to Kwang Glim (sp?) Methodist Church.

I hope this helps.

Kate
Starperson

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Finally! Reply with quote

I was about to ask the same thing...

Do Korean beauty salons do waxing, or is it just in Itaewon where all us 'hairy' foreigner women are? And do they just do, say legs, or do they do eyebrow, bikini, etc.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought clinique from Lotte Dept store. It was pretty expensive though, so not sure if there is anywhere cheaper. But I imagine a big name, flash dept store will sell it, since it is such a popular brand.
SweetBear

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starperson,
I think the smaller towns do waxing too. I'm just in Seoul more often these days, but try calling 13-30 and ask for info in your particular town, that's what I did, the people were very helpful. I'm not sure about bikini but legs , lips and eyebrows sem to be okay.
Sb
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found a clinique counter in a department store is downtown daegu. it is more expensive than home. for example things that are 25$CAD at home are ~32 000w. take into account the exchange rate, and it's quite a bit more actually. i'm still going to buy it though Confused
Chonbuk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is this place in Chong no in Seoul- right beside Subway's called Vivi. (Just down the street from the Millenium Plaza) They do waxing, facials, manicures and pedicures. Eyebrows cost 20 000 Won- a little pricey. I'm not sure about legs and bikini though. I'm sure they can do it also though.

Clinque- Most of the big department stores have the nearly full line. Say department in Daejeon has it, the Express Bus terminal's department store has it also.

It is a little expensive, these days I try to stock up at the airport. Incheon has a good selection, and the prices are better because the USD is not as high as it used to be.

Also-

I used to get aloe massages once a week but I moved and the shop changed owners but it was really cheap 5000 - anyone in Daejeon know of an Aloe massage place here?

Thanks,

Chonbuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: