Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hotel in Seoul...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quiksilver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Hotel in Seoul... Reply with quote

I used the search function and typed in "Seoul AND hotel" and got almost 9000 matches and none of the threads appeared to be any help, well I didn't look through them all but nothing stood out. So.... to my question.

My parents are coming to visit and we are going to go up to Seoul for a few days and I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good hotel near the center of the city or a good area. Something that's "Western style", I don't mind sleeping on the floor but I won't make my folks. I've done a google search and I'm still looking at all the ones it spit out but if anyone could give me a heads up on a place they've stayed at or know of it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is their budget? There are many good hotels in Seoul: Ritz, Sheraton, Hyatt ( a new one opening next month next to COEX), Hilton, Marriott....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
quiksilver

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll be there for two nights ( Friday and Saturday ) and as far as know budget won't be an issue. I mean we won't need the Ritz because I don't expect to spend that much time at the hotel. I have never stayed at a hotel in Seoul so I don't know what to say for price range. Lets say 60,000 won area per night. What would we be looking at?

Also what is the best, near hastle-free way to get to Incheon from the city? I have never done this either so I will plead ignorance before I continue. Is a cab practical? Subway? Bus? Thanks again.
peppermint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get very nice yeogwans for that price, in just about any area. The ones that look modern and say hotel or motel are safeish bets.. If by Incheon you mean the airport- there are lots of airport buses that run to different areas of the city til around 10 or 11 pm at night and cost under 10,000.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: