Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming & going
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mashimaro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Coming & going Reply with quote

I'm going to Japan on Friday (holiday not visa run) and I only have a single entry visa.. How do I get a multiple entry visa? I hope I haven't left it too late!
rudyflyer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get to immigration before you leave and fill out a form requesting a multiple entry bring your passport and ARC, cost is 50,000 won, takes 20 minutes

think you can also do it at ICN, can somebody update that one please

don't worry you have plenty of time

enjoy Japan
waterbaby

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you already have your Alien Registration Card as you may need that to change your visa. I ran into strife about a year and a half ago when I was going to China for a quick trip - I didn't have my ARC and they wouldn't approve a multiple entry visa until I had it. But immigration were great about it and I got my ARC within about 3 days instead of the usual ten and I was able to change it to a multiple entry visa before I left.
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it can be any immigration office, not the one you are registered at?

And also do I need much Korean to be able to do it, as I still can't order food over a phone yet.

CLG
Mashimaro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylemongirl wrote:

And also do I need much Korean to be able to do it, as I still can't order food over a phone yet.

I went by myself yesterday and didn't need any Korean. They do the same things every day so they know 're-entry' or 'extension'. I just took my passport & ARC, filled in the right form, got 30,000 won in stamps.. too easy. (this was for a single re-entry)
HamuHamu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Multi stampt at Incheon Reply with quote

You cant' get a multiple entry visa at Incheon airport, but you can get a one-time re-entry stamp. It costs 30,000. So, if you're going to leave ROK more than once, it's cheaper to change to a muti-re-entry visa, but that's not always easy if you're under a time constraint.

I could walk you to the place in the airport to get the stamp, but giving directions on the PC might be harder. But I'll try:

Immigration is located on the same floor as the check-in desks. Go to counter H's general area...near the Thai Airways check-in. Walk back to the back of the airport (ie/ opposite the doors from where you came in) and there is a small hallway. On the outside wall of the hallway is a really tiny sign that says "IMMIGRATION" - there is also an information desk close to counter H and the girl there can point you to it if you can't find it.

It takes about 5 minutes to get the stamp - there are papers on the table, fill one out before you go to the counter, give the person your passport, alien card and the 30,000 won. She'll stamp your passport and you're outta there. The staff spoke english when I went a few months ago.

Have fun!
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason I ask about the offices, is that I live closer to mokdong immigration office than the incheon branch (where I'm registered)..

Thanks for the info..

CLG
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Mokdong the only place to get the multi-reentry visa in Seoul? Is there a place in Kangnam?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Holyjoe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kangnamdragon wrote:
Is Mokdong the only place to get the multi-reentry visa in Seoul? Is there a place in Kangnam?

There's supposedly a branch of immigration in Gwanghwamun, near the great gate at Gyeongbukgung.
I don't know whether or not they'd do re-entry visas though.
dogbert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holyjoe wrote:
kangnamdragon wrote:

There's supposedly a branch of immigration in Gwanghwamun, near the great gate at Gyeongbukgung.
I don't know whether or not they'd do re-entry visas though.

They do; I've gotten one there before.
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kangnamdragon wrote:

I got told by incheon immigration that you need to get your multi -reentry visa from the immigration office that your registered at.

clg
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gwanghwamun office has moved (they've not updated their web site despite the move in June... surprise). It's now near Anguk on line 3. The Insadong station. Basically get out at exit 6 (same one you'd get out of for Insadong) and walk east about a block (walk away from the Insadong street). It's in the SK Hub building. Second floor. You can get your single/multi entry. It's not very busy. Took about half an hour in total to get my single entry. Your mileage may vary.
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A map to the downtown annex at the SK Hub:

thu_tinh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylemongirl wrote:
kangnamdragon wrote:

I got told by incheon immigration that you need to get your multi -reentry visa from the immigration office that your registered at.

clg

can someone confirm this?
Dome Vans

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm flying home to England for christmas this year. I have a single entry visa. What's my options? I only expect to go home once in my year long contract. Can I go to Immi at Incheon before I fly? I was told somewhere that British people don't need to pay 50 000 like the americans or canadians, apparently it's free. Can anyone verify this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: