Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'Around Asia Trip' How much and How

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JAK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: 'Around Asia Trip' How much and How Reply with quote

Howde,
Just wondering if any of you hardened travellers out there know if you can organise 'Around Asia trips' from Korea. I only want to get flights travelling to SE Asia making about 4-5 stops in Manila, Cambodia, Singapore, Bali, Seoul(rough plan)
Does anybody know any good travel agents in Korea and do you have any idea how much this might cost.
The best price I've seen so far is over 2000 dollars, ouch!!! Surely theres cheeper to be found
Cheers
JacktheCat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was looking at doing something like this awhile back, the Korean travel company I found with the best prices and deals for multi-tickets was:

www.xanadu.co.kr

But Korean travel agencies don't get a lot of call for backpacker type around-the-world tickets so the price tends to be a bit higher than in other countries. Perhaps it would be cheaper to purchase the tickets through a travel agency in your home country.
trevorcollins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Around Asia Trip' How much and How Reply with quote

JAK wrote:
Howde,
Just wondering if any of you hardened travellers out there know if you can organise 'Around Asia trips' from Korea. I only want to get flights travelling to SE Asia making about 4-5 stops in Manila, Cambodia, Singapore, Bali, Seoul(rough plan)
Does anybody know any good travel agents in Korea and do you have any idea how much this might cost.
The best price I've seen so far is over 2000 dollars, ouch!!! Surely theres cheeper to be found
Cheers

What time frame are you looking at...? It'll make a huge difference price wise. Something like this.....

http://www.tiglion.com/airpass/asean.htm

ending in Bangkok, and then pick up a one way ticket to Seoul from BKK (which should be around $250 on China Air). What you want + the onward ticket back to Korea works out to be less than 1000 bucks. You should be able to buy that airpass direct from the airline, so bypass the Korean travel agent bullcrap
Zark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

South East Asia has sprouted a bunch of very competitively priced baby size airlines - you might put the whole package together yourself by looking at Air Asia http://www.airasia.com/index.htm - sometimes you can get tickets for example phuket to bangkok for only $20! Also check the new Tiger Air out of Singapore. Silk Air at times has great bargains in the region as well. Air Asia - the best at the moment though. With the recent earthquake and the aftermath of the Dec 26 tsunami - travel to the region is down greatly - so probably some super bargains if you look.

If you do all the footwork on line - my guess is that your savings would be substantial over anything you could buy here.
enchoo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Special package at 599,999won or $600 to Thai, Sing and HK Reply with quote

Special package at 599,999won or $600 to Thailand, Pattaya, Singapore, and HK for 7 days in mid and late April.

Has anyone had any first-hand experiences at Freedom tour company or this package?

Click under southeastasia package. Then click under page 3 at the bottom of the webpage and scroll down to the middle. This website is in only Korean, so you might need an interpreter.

The website is at kb.freedom.co.kr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: