Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Birthmarks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wormholes101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Strange Birthmarks Reply with quote

I've been here a few years and have played squash at the local club and just started swimming at a pool nearby my home.

While changing or taking a shower, I have noticed that a lot of Koreans have strange birthmarks. They are really big (up to the size of a hand) and black often with a lot of hair growing on them. Anyone else notice this? I'm sure I haven't seen this back home and was wondering why this might be... Inbreeding maybe?
rockr1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A girl I used to know has a bruise-like birthmark on her arse cheek. She told me that lots of Koreans have this, saying it was a throwback to when Genghis Khan used to smack all newborn babies' backsides to get them breathing, back when he was knocking around. This proves that the Koreans are descended from the Mongolians, and also shows the purity of the Korean race, etc. etc...
denz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the mongolian blue spot - far cooler than the fan death thing.

denz
the_beaver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue spot(s) disappear not too long after birth, I believe.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beaver Wrote:

Quote:
The blue spot(s) disappear not too long after birth, I believe.

My daughter had one. Where her "tail" would be if she were an animal with a tail.

Yes it goes away after a few months.

Although initially I asked the doctor: "Hey! Is this normal??" in a fit of panic....
Pyongshin Sangja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of my students have black eyes and fat lips after Daddy has been drinking. Is that what you mean?
wormholes101

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a Giant black mole; with black hairs... and these are on adults too. Koreans also have a lot of general skin discoloration. It's weird. Why?
dogbert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wormholes101 wrote:
Like a Giant black mole; with black hairs... and these are on adults too. Koreans also have a lot of general skin discoloration. It's weird. Why?

Michael Jackson was popular here too.
Canucksaram

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Bone disorders, too. Reply with quote

Has anybody else noticed how many examples of people with bone and/or growth disorders can be seen? I've lost track of the number of men and women I've seen with compressed spines and torsos, and the number of men and women I've seen with hip deformities and/or problems.

A lot of Korean men and women, even if perfectly healthy, also seem to have what I can only term "heavy bone structure."

I can only *assume* (and yes, I know that assuming is sometimes very, very bad) that it's genetic.

On a related note: Dark freckling and "spots" like 2-D moles (no height on 'em) can be seen among large numbers of Japanese people, along with quite noticeably uneven dentition (especially amongst the women, alas).
TINKERBELL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly all of my kindy kids have dark marks on their butts. It looks like severe bruising and at first I was very concerned, taking it to be an indication of abuse. Confused It was only after I saw that nearly every kid has it that I realised it must be a form of birthmark. Rolling Eyes
waterbaby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: Bone disorders, too. Reply with quote

Canucksaram wrote:
Has anybody else noticed how many examples of people with bone and/or growth disorders can be seen? I've lost track of the number of men and women I've seen with compressed spines and torsos, and the number of men and women I've seen with hip deformities and/or problems.

I've wondered about this too - so many halmoni's with their hunched backs. I wonder if it's from carrying things on their backs (kids, groceries etc) all their lives or sever osteoperosis from a lack of calcium - I imagine that when the halmoni's were growing up during the Japanese occupation, their diets wouldn't have been nicely balanced... I'm wondering if we're seeing the long term effects of this today.

Edit: BTW - my husband (he's Korean) has the most amazing birthmarks... bit too intimate to describe, really Shocked
matko

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tinkerbell,

How do you know what your kindy kids butt's look like?

Just think that is a little odd. Confused
TINKERBELL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matko, maybe should have explained in my post, sorry.

The kindy kids at my school have their underwear pulled down by the teachers before they go to the bathroom. They then run along the corridor with their undies around their ankles and return to the teacher to have them pulled up. I'm not saying I agree with it but thats how things are done at my school. We also have an infants room where the youngest is only 1 and a half so I have had to change them after accidents. There are around 150 kindy kids at my school and all the younger ones are left to run along the corridor with butts on display. I make no excuses for noticing something which looks like severe bruising on them either.
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While watching Korean Wrestling on TV, I noticed a lot of the wrestlers have dark rings on their backs and arms. A guy at my gym also has them. Im wodering if these are birth marks, or marks that appear from weight lifting/wrestilng. Anyone know?
mack the knife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a lot of my students have black eyes and fat lips...

SWEET JESUS!!

you've earned the "It's f*uckin hilarious because it's true" award for today...

WOW! i thought i was twisted!

remember folks...all humor is based on pain...

of course, people who would commit such an act are in fact sick, sick sick pieces of doggy doo doo...end. of. story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: