Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chinese Visa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hater Depot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Chinese Visa Reply with quote

Our school teachers are taking a 4-day trip to China in August, but the travel agent refuses to take care of my visa (they are taking care of the Korean teachers).

Does anyone here have experience getting a visa to China? Who do I call, how long should I expect to wait, how large of a bribe should I offer, etc.?
Swiss James

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I booked the trip without realising I needed a visa, turns out you need to give your passport to (most) travel agents who will take care of it for you at the cost of 40,000 won (I think)- takes about a week too.

If you can get down to the Chinese embassy near MyeongDong then do that, but you won't save much cash.

Call your local travel agent.
wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by wanderer on Mon May 30, 2011 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its simple. Got mine in Japan...60,000 won and four days. No problem. Call the embassy/consulate closest to you and find out what you have to bring (probably passport, alien registration card, money, mao t-shirt) and then stop by. Easy.
Howard Roark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This won't help you. But it's a funny story that's sort of related...

My friend went to the Chinese embassy to get visas for herself and another friend. She got to the counter and gave them both passports. They said "sorry your friend has to come here in person".

Wasting no time arguing, she got back in line, took off her hat, and handed in her friend's passport claiming to be her. They had no clue.

This is a little scary considering the issues of terrorism in the world today. We're all supposed to be on red alert. Yet the people paid to protect borders don't know their *beep* from their elbow.

And if they did know but just didn't care, which is possible, that's even worse.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: