Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike Trip - Thailand/Laos/Vietnam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TECO

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 2:27 am    Post subject: Bike Trip - Thailand/Laos/Vietnam Reply with quote

After reading the other thread here on biking I was wondering if anyone is interested in going on a bike trip sometime during the summer vacation?

I was thinking of going to Thailand/Laos and riding one of the tours out of Northern Thailand.
Northern Thailand Golden Triangle Bike Tours

captain kirk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Met an Aussie rancher who checks fences on a dirtbike back home and he was heading up to N. Thailand to bike, he said. Sounded adventurous but it looks like it's all set up from your links. If I go it would be at the end of this contract in April.....one year from now. Looks like it'd be good to get handy on a 250 enduro type before then. I'll probably buy one or that 650 you posted about this year, for Korea....
james_baldrey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my friend were interested in doing exactly what you are talking about. It would be much more economical to buy the bikes though! Keep me informed!
TECO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James,

where we gonna buy the bikes?
To buy a second hand bike like the ones above will cost at least $2,000 U.S. or so.

I'm not so sure about it being cheaper to buy - then you have to sell them also.

I'm gonna look into it a little more and there is more than one outfit doing these tours.

Sounds like a fun way to travel around that area.
james_baldrey

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea of buying a bike is that after the trip u can sell it back for just about the same price. also during the trip u wont be worried about crashing and having to pay over priced repairs! They will over-charge you if you rent! Regardless of whether you booked the tour with them or not! Besides, the tours are between 4 to 7 thousand USD! You could buy a bike and do a tour yourself for about 3.5!!

I speak thai and so can get by in Laos or thailand remote areas, so we just need a mechanic now, and my friend can do that and he is interested! Keep me posted!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: