Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sending travellers' cheques home..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alphalfa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:43 am    Post subject: sending travellers' cheques home.. Reply with quote

How can I safely send travellers' cheques home? In addition to writing my name in the 'payable to' area of the cheque, what else must I do prior to sending some T/C's home to my bank account? A wire tranfer is out of the question. Shinhan Bank has as a middleman the Bank of Montreal. The resulting fees for a wire transfer to my account with CIBC in Canada
amounted to $59CAD -the difference between the amount sent and the amount that was deposited- on top of the W13,000 wire fee at Shinhan Bank.

Thanks in advance with your assistance to my T/C inquiry.

alphalfa
gajackson1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reedtea is a postor who regularly does this; you might try sending her a pm about it.

Or, do what a lot of others do, and use an international ATM card to do your transactions. There is a long, LONG thread about all the specifics; just do a search here for the keywords (it has been stickied somewhere; not sure which forum - - - something like Sending Money Home???)

Regards,

g.

PS ~ there is a shorter Sticky thread version in this forum - see Buying & Sending Currency up above . . . Rolling Eyes
Cedar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of sending traveler's checks, send DEMAND DRAFTs home. The bank can make them for you, it's like a bank check, your name is on the check, typed out. It's safer than T/C but the rate isn't quite as good.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard KEB can make a money order for you too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: