Site Search:
 
TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Republican Invincibility Challenged
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wannago



Joined: 16 Apr 2004

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob wrote:
Apple Scruff wrote:
wannago wrote:
Democraps


*Golf clap*.


Yeah, he so funny. He said that "democraps" thing a few months ago, and I laughed real hard.

I really did.

Omigod, I think I'll alugh agin this time, too.

Laughing


Gee bob, in true hypocrite fashion, you neglected to mention anything about R.S. saying this:

R. S. Refugee wrote:
As long as the Dems have the same corporate sponsors making their careers possible and lucrative (albeit at a lower level of support) as the Repugs . . .


And no smart-ass comment from you? I wonder why...

No, I really don't wonder why. You are a hypocrite. Have a great day, bob!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bobster



Joined: 15 Jan 2003

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I learn about Tom DeLay the more I love the Republicans for allowing such a slimeball sduch a high place on their totem pole. Americans can be fooled fpor a while, but eventually we do get wise, and Tommy-boy there is just the fella to wake people up to the mayhem being done to our country.

wannago
Quote:
Gee bob, in true hypocrite fashion, you neglected to mention anything about R.S. saying this:

R. S. Refugee wrote:
Quote:
As long as the Dems have the same corporate sponsors making their careers possible and lucrative (albeit at a lower level of support) as the Repugs . . .

I actually didn't notice it the first time, but thanks for pointing it out ... I still do think your joke was funnier. I'll probably laugh again next time you do that "Democrap" thing. Whew, I'm giggling right now just thinking about it.

Boy, and think of how much trouble Whoopi Goldberg got into for kidding around about the pResident's name to a much-loved part of the female anatomy ... here you are, out-Lenny Brucing them all by comparing the opposition party to fecal matter. You a wild, wild man, wannago - you so baaaaad!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wannago



Joined: 16 Apr 2004

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob wrote:
wannago
Quote:
Gee bob, in true hypocrite fashion, you neglected to mention anything about R.S. saying this:

R. S. Refugee wrote:
Quote:
As long as the Dems have the same corporate sponsors making their careers possible and lucrative (albeit at a lower level of support) as the Repugs . . .

I actually didn't notice it the first time, but thanks for pointing it out ... I still do think your joke was funnier. I'll probably laugh again next time you do that "Democrap" thing. Whew, I'm giggling right now just thinking about it.

Boy, and think of how much trouble Whoopi Goldberg got into for kidding around about the pResident's name to a much-loved part of the female anatomy ... here you are, out-Lenny Brucing them all by comparing the opposition party to fecal matter.


Hey, bob, no comparison there, "the opposition party" is fecal matter. Damn, I suppose I'll lose my Slim Fast contract but I guess I won't be able to claim racism, will I bob?

bob wrote:
You a wild, wild man, wannago - you so baaaaad!


No, if I were truly baaad I would have a picture of myself staring out a window with a pen in my hand pretending to do something academic. I just can't hold a candle to your baaaaaadness bob. . . nor your hypocrisy for that matter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bobster



Joined: 15 Jan 2003

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannago wrote:
Hey, bob, no comparison there, "the opposition party" is fecal matter. Damn, I suppose I'll lose my Slim Fast contract but I guess I won't be able to claim racism, will I bob?

Whoopi didn't claim racism, either, dude, something you are very aware of of ... it was racist of you to say she would, though.

What you've said just now is far worse than anything Whoopi Goldberg said, but you have the luxury of hiding behind a semi-anonymous online identity. Whoopi said what she said in public, standing in front of flesh-and-blood human beings, and when it flew back in her face she accepted what came and never hinted that anyone else was to blame for it. You know that also, but you make a little dig at the world about Slimfast contracts and perhaps you'd like people to remember it differently than how it really played out.

Whereas you take ZERO risk in saying what you say here, and have never once accepted or acknowledged that you bear any responsibility when you denigrate black people by assuming they will cry racism when it isn't so or by comparing gay marriage marriage with bestiality, which are things you have also done.

You're probably a good enough guy if I sat down and drank with you, but you do show a very bad face for the conservative cause whenever you come around here. Since I am very much against the conservative cause, I'm happy every time you show up ... drop by any time, wannago.

Quote:
bob wrote:
You a wild, wild man, wannago - you so baaaaad!

No, if I were truly baaad I would have a picture of myself staring out a window with a pen in my hand pretending to do something academic.

The picture you refer to was taken by mny girlfriend while we were on vacation together last fall. It wasn't posed. It was put on the net in my blog and some of what I was writing in a notebook that day even ended up in my blog ... so, what the hell, it's out there for the world to see. And big whoops, now everyone knows that what The Bobster likes to do on vacation is look at stuff and then write a few words in a notebook about what he saw.

The girlfriend thinks there's something a little cute about a guy who wants to spend an afternoon on his vacation doing this ... and by the way, she complains that I'll my own picture on the blog (apparently unwise, as it turns out) and yet refuse to show hers. Can you guess, wannogo, that while I might give you a place and time to denigrate the face I show the world merely because you disagree with my political opinons, that I simply will NOT allow the same to happen to someone I care deeeply about?

Quote:
I just can't hold a candle to your baaaaaadness bob. . . nor your hypocrisy for that matter.

You're pretty handy in that departemnt, my man. See above.

I've never claimed to be anything other than a guy who teaches kindergarten in Korea and puts a few things out on the internet for people to talk about. You have spoken of your Christian faith and chosen to battle those of us you have decided to label feel are "religiophobes," or however spelled it ... and yet it's odd how little your behavior reflects a man who has ever heard the words spoken by the author of the Sermon On The Mount - I, for one, have a lot of trouble visualixing the guy who made the "Render unto Caesar" speech anything close to the guy who just said "'the opposition party' is fecal matter."

A lot of us "loopy libs" have said a lot of negative things about the "Repugs," but I'm still scratching my head to figure who on our side of the aisle said anything even close to that "fecal matter' comment just now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wannago



Joined: 16 Apr 2004

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bobster wrote:
wannago wrote:
Hey, bob, no comparison there, "the opposition party" is fecal matter. Damn, I suppose I'll lose my Slim Fast contract but I guess I won't be able to claim racism, will I bob?

Whoopi didn't claim racism, either, dude, something you are very aware of of ... it was racist of you to say she would, though.

Whereas you take ZERO risk in saying what you say here, and have never once accepted or acknowledged that you bear any responsibility when you denigrate black people by assuming they will cry racism when it isn't so or by comparing gay marriage marriage with bestiality, which are things you have also done.


OK bob, I'm going to indulge you just one last time on this. I posted this right after this whole thing went down and you have brought it up numerous times even though I've addressed it. While Whoopi herself didn't cry racism (a fact I've already admitted), this guy sure did:

Quote:
Diversity promoter Asa Khalif, who has made headlines for accusing celebrities of insensitivity, cried foul in the Goldberg firing. "I smell racism from beginning to end," said Khalif, head of Racial Unity USA in Pennsylvania. "SlimFast must realize that black women have every right to voice their views."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/212784p-183225c.html

So, yes bob, there were those out there crying racism although, with all due credit, Whoopi herself did not.

And, to set the record straight AGAIN, YOU are the one that brought up beastiality in that conversation, not me. Does your girlfriend know you harbor those feelings deep inside?

Now, if I'm a racist then you are much, much worse than me because you cheapen the word so that it means nothing and those that truly suffer from racism are not recognized because careless, uncaring people like yourself use it as a weapon to bludgeon those with whom you disagree. Look in the mirror bob. You are looking at the problem, not the solution.

Quote:
You're probably a good enough guy if I sat down and drank with you, but you do show a very bad face for the conservative cause whenever you come around here. Since I am very much against the conservative cause, I'm happy every time you show up ... drop by any time, wannago.


bob, I'm sure you think anyone associated with the "conservative cause" shows a bad face. Since I am "very much against" the loopy lib cause, it makes me happy when you say you're happy...'cause it just ain't so. Keep playing your little tune there, bob. You're damn straight I'll come by anytime...it's my obligation to point out the hypocrisy of the left.

Quote:
Quote:
[quote="bob"]You a wild, wild man, wannago - you so baaaaad!

No, if I were truly baaad I would have a picture of myself staring out a window with a pen in my hand pretending to do something academic.



Quote:
Can you guess, wannogo, that while I might give you a place and time to denigrate the face I show the world merely because you disagree with my political opinons, that I simply will NOT allow the same to happen to someone I care deeeply about?


Well, bob, I know you're one of those hyper-sensitive libs but I certainly did not denigrate your picture. Frankly, I couldn't care less whether your girlfriend shows up in a pic or not. Is this the same kind of "care deeply" about when you misuse and abuse the word racism?

Quote:
You have spoken of your Christian faith and chosen to battle those of us you have decided to label feel are "religiophobes," or however spelled it ... and yet it's odd how little your behavior reflects a man who has ever heard the words spoken by the author of the Sermon On The Mount - I, for one, have a lot of trouble visualixing the guy who made the "Render unto Caesar" speech anything close to the guy who just said "'the opposition party' is fecal matter."


Well, well, if it isn't the anti-Christian calling the Christian un-Christian. Now, THAT'S quaint! bob, I make it a point to not put any stock into what non-Christians have to say about the faith or how I conduct myself. For the record, however, I have never compared myself to Jesus Christ. I'm just a sinner bob...maybe it's because I don't have a blog.

And, while I'm sure there are some good Democrats out there, the party as a whole.....well.....is fecal matter. Feign being insulted if you wish but 'tis the truth lad.

Quote:
A lot of us "loopy libs" have said a lot of negative things about the "Repugs," but I'm still scratching my head to figure who on our side of the aisle said anything even close to that "fecal matter' comment just now.


Gosh, you mean all those comments about in-breeding after Bush won last fall were just cool with you? That's what I thought, hypocrite.[/url]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Bobster



Joined: 15 Jan 2003

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wannago wrote:
OK bob, I'm going to indulge you just one last time on this. I posted this right after this whole thing went down and you have brought it up numerous times even though I've addressed it.

You've never copped to your racism, wannago, nor to your bigotry in other areas such as equal human rights for homosexuals. I'm not holding my breath.

The fact remains that you wished to attack a black woman because her political views run counter to your own, and the weapon you chose to use against her was her race. This is what is true, and it is what you need to face up to.

Quote:
While Whoopi herself didn't cry racism (a fact I've already admitted), this guy sure did:
Quote:
Diversity promoter Asa Khalif, who has made headlines for accusing celebrities of insensitivity, cried foul in the Goldberg firing. "I smell racism from beginning to end," said Khalif, head of Racial Unity USA in Pennsylvania. "SlimFast must realize that black women have every right to voice their views."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/212784p-183225c.html

So, yes bob, there were those out there crying racism although, with all due credit, Whoopi herself did not.

"To her credit." I guess one could even say she behaved as a credit to her ... well, you know the rest.

The source you gave was probably correct in surmising that racism might have played some small part in this, but only in so far that the corporation had been using her race all along. (Simfast wants black people to buy their product, so they rent a smiling and articulate black woman to drink it on camera, and then smile.) Whoopi knew she had benefited by this desire of a large conglomerate to gain market share in the community she came from, and so complaining racism later would have been hypocrisy. And it turns out, whatever else, she is not a hypocrite.

However, her remarks in the article you linked to here were spot on - the Bushies showed themselves to be the largest hypocrites by far in their use of negative ads and public statements, even going so far as to cast doubt on the validity of medals given to the Democratic candidate in service he volunteered for - when denigrating that service clearly also denigrates the thousands of others who also enlisted and recieved medals - all in the service of their own candidate who had done everything possible to keep his sweet-smelling and shiny ass as far away from SE Asia as possible.

Whoopi's lame little jokes pale in comparison to the hypocrisy and slanderous intent of the rightwing, and anyone except the largest of fools could see that clearly.

Quote:
And, to set the record straight AGAIN, YOU are the one that brought up beastiality in that conversation, not me. Does your girlfriend know you harbor those feelings deep inside?

It was a different conversation, but what you had said was that if gays are allowed to marry, would you sometime later be able to marry your dog ... I thought it was pretty funny at the time, though I don't think you intended it so. And it was others who pointed out the bigotry in your remark before I got around to it mentioning it.

Quote:
Now, if I'm a racist then you are much, much worse than me because you cheapen the word so that it means nothing and those that truly suffer from racism are not recognized because careless, uncaring people like yourself use it as a weapon to bludgeon those with whom you disagree. Look in the mirror bob. You are looking at the problem, not the solution.

Um, aren't you the guy who saw nothing wrong when someone used the word "slant" in an ambiguous reference to a dear (Korean) friend of mine? You really did seem to find it to be new information in your world that this word is an epithet toward Asian people ... and you think you are qualified to decide what is true and what is not in this regard?

And you are aware that I have objected on several occasions when people on my side of the fence have said hateful things. Cut the crap and shake hands with reality.

Quote:
bob, I'm sure you think anyone associated with the "conservative cause" shows a bad face.

Ain't none of 'em can hold a candle to you, sweetcheeks.

Quote:
No, if I were truly baaad I would have a picture of myself staring out a window with a pen in my hand pretending to do something academic.

Quote:
Well, bob, I know you're one of those hyper-sensitive libs but I certainly did not denigrate your picture.

Dude, at least have the cojones to stand by your sarcastic insults. It's called credibility. Find some.

Quote:
Well, well, if it isn't the anti-Christian calling the Christian un-Christian. Now, THAT'S quaint!

Find a place where I insulted or denigrated Christianity or admit to us all that you are a big fat liar. (Actually, I'm only guessing about the weight thing, but the lies are far too massive for you to keep carrying around. You gotta be getting tired by now.)

Quote:
Gosh, you mean all those comments about in-breeding after Bush won last fall were just cool with you? That's what I thought, hypocrite.[/url]

Give a link or we'll assume you are making things up again ... and sorry, but I'm not going to fall for the dumbness that lies in being told I agree with sommething I simply never saw or didn't have time to comment on. Gimme a break.

And just to give a nod to the actual thread topic ... it would appear that, weeks later, DeLay is STILL in deep fecal matter and none of Bush's judges, nor John Bolton has yet been confirmed. It's called hubris, assuming you have a "mandate from the people" when all you got was 51% of the electorate.

Does anyone remember Newt Gingrich's little rebellion? Am I about to have flashbacks?


Last edited by The Bobster on Thu May 12, 2005 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


This page is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Contact Dave's ESL Cafe
Copyright © 2013 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

TEFL International Supports Dave's ESL Cafe
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International