Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Galloway was given Iraq oil allocations, says Senate report
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:
We shall see.

Well, bless your little war-mongering, apologizing for war crimes including the murder of non-combatants heart, Joo. You're just making it too easy for me, today. Yawn. I think I'll take a nap now.

In this case, we've already seen a lot of the
mulitude of lies and double-dealing with the
public trust by this for-real warmonger.

Last edited by R. S. Refugee on Thu May 12, 2005 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the reason for that was?

UNITED NATIONS
COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
Fifty-seventh session
Item 9 of the Provisional agenda

http://www.webcom.com/hrin/parker/c01ws.html

Quote:
. In other work on the situation in Iran, we have expressed outrage over the staggering number of political prisoners executed in the regime's jails. Now it appears we were conservative in our tally of these executions: Mr. Hossein Ali Montazeri, former designated successor to Khomeini, Iran's Supreme Leader at the time, recently made public shocking documents indicating that as many as 30,000 political prisoners were killed in 1988 alone. Iran's current leaders, including Mr. Khamenei, Mr. Khatami and Mr. Rafsanjani, as well as the officials still in charge of the Judiciary, played the primary role in this massacre.i

What was Galloway's excuse?

Anyone who says they oppose the war on humanitarian grounds is either disingenuous or ignorant cause no govt could be worse than the regime of Saddam and his sons. Which one are you RSR?

Saddam never gave up his war or his revolutionary agenda but I guess that was ok right RSR. Somehow his war doesn't seem to bother you too much. I Wonder why.
Alias

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed. Galloway said he will appear before the Senate committee next week. He was proven innocent of the previous allegations. I anticipate that he will be vindicated again.

Quote:
British MP George Galloway says he is ready to face down US senators who claim he received oil rights from Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
Mr Galloway denies claims by a Senate committee that he and a former French minister were allowed to sell Iraqi oil to reward their support for the regime.

The committee said it would be "pleased" for Mr Galloway to appear at a hearing in Washington on 17 May.

The MP accepted, declaring he would take "them on in their own lions' den".

He told the BBC: "I'll be Daniel and I'll be triumphant".

Galloway accepts Washington call
Wangja

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alias wrote:
Confirmed. Galloway said he will appear before the Senate committee next week. He was proven innocent of the previous allegations. I anticipate that he will be vindicated again.

Quote:
British MP George Galloway says he is ready to face down US senators who claim he received oil rights from Saddam Hussein's Iraq.
Mr Galloway denies claims by a Senate committee that he and a former French minister were allowed to sell Iraqi oil to reward their support for the regime.

The committee said it would be "pleased" for Mr Galloway to appear at a hearing in Washington on 17 May.

The MP accepted, declaring he would take "them on in their own lions' den".

He told the BBC: "I'll be Daniel and I'll be triumphant".

Galloway accepts Washington call

Sorry, Galloway was not "proven innocent".

He merely won the first case in a long libel battle. It was not a criminal case and hence the question of guilt and innocence has yet to arise.

He is however being investigated by the Parliamentary Standards committee and has been expelled from his Party.
hypnotist

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair to him, the Telegraph didn't try to claim there was an ounce of truth in the documents they published (which would have been a valid defence), and they didn't even claim that there were reasonable grounds to suspect that they were true - their defence hinged on their claim that it was merely reportage, and/or it was "Fair Comment". The judge dismissed both.

Galloway is a scumbag, but I don't believe he got rich from Saddam.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
On the other hand

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha!! I KNEW when I saw RSR's photo of Rummy shaking hands with Hussein that Joo would be along in no time with his Yalta photo.

But I'm not complaining. Reading this forum is like listening to your favorite oldies station every day of the week. Always another classic coming right up!!
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other hand wrote:
Ha ha!! I KNEW when I saw RSR's photo of Rummy shaking hands with Hussein that Joo would be along in no time with his Yalta photo.

But I'm not complaining. Reading this forum is like listening to your favorite oldies station every day of the week. Always another classic coming right up!!

Yes, pretty obvious and predictable, but what can you do when Joo's "proof" that someone is a baddie is to show a picture of them with Saddam?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: