Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incheon Airport Rated 3rd Best in World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoda

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Incheon Airport Rated 3rd Best in World Reply with quote

I guess they got it right.

From CNN
funplanet

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incheon is boring...no good restaruants, no good shopping, and not much to do if you are stuck there for any amount of time...

clean? yes

modern? yes

great airport? no
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sbarro's went out of business at the airport. Now its just McDonalds, Burger King, or Korean food.

I can't imagine that would be the 3rd best. I've had more food choices at most podunk nowhere airports.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some 5.5 million people from more than 90 countries participated. The greatest concentrations of voters came from Europe and North America, yet almost all the airports judged to be the best were in Asia.

Call me a crotchety old skeptic if you want to, but alarm bells went off in my head when I read how the rankings were made. First of all, the people who took part seem to have been self-selected. That is usually not a recipe for objectivity. Further, people could only vote for an airport they have visited. How does Incheon rank in number of users. I don't think Incheon has become a 'hub of Asia' yet, has it? Second, out of the 150 airports to choose from, a grand total of 1 was from Korea. To me, that means 90% of the Koreans voted for Incheon. Incheon is far better than Kimpo, but I just don't think it's #3 in the world.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: