Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why oh why do korean women dye???
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The evil penguin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Why oh why do korean women dye??? Reply with quote

Why do they dye?
Before coming here from Oz I always preferrred the blondes. Don't know why, just personal preference. But since arriving here I have been converted. (incidently, when does a newbie like myself become a non-newbie? Its now been 3months.....)

Now I fall in love every minute walking down the street. The slender ankles encased in high heel shoes. The white stockings. The short skirts (the women all wear jeans and boots and akubra hats back home). And best of, the "luxurious" thick black hair. I've been converted.!!!!!!!CHOSSUMNIDA!!!
Which brings me to my bugbear...... why the flying wombat do they have to dye their hair to all those unnatural brown colours????
Should this be allowed???
Its a travesty.....

Thought it was worth a mention.
FierceInvalid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preach on, brother. Tragic.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean Person: I hate western countries. I hate white people. I hate western culture. I hate western food.

White Person: Then why are you sitting in McDonald's, wearing a Roots T-Shirt and a pair of Levi's Jeans, with blue contact lens', a pierced naval, and blonde hair?

Korean Person: Um...pass the ketchup please... Embarassed
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Wall of Whiner wrote:
Korean Person: I hate western countries. I hate white people. I hate western culture. I hate western food.

White Person: Then why are you sitting in McDonald's, wearing a Roots T-Shirt and a pair of Levi's Jeans, with blue contact lens', a pierced naval, and blonde hair?

Korean Person: Um...pass the ketchup please... Embarassed

Speaking of which.. I was in a bar tonight in Itaewon.. and anyhow.. this one korean guy was saying i hate americans i hate americans (translated: i hate foreigners who are talking to korean girls).. mainly because some foreigner (i don't know his nationality) was talking to a korean girl..

I chinked glasses with him and said 'how's it going'.. and to make a long story short, i had about 4 free beers.. and yet another new korean friend.. oh, and i too was talking for a long time with a korean girl.. anyhow..

The End (and point proven by G.W. of W.)

p.s. its 8am, nothing happened with the girl last night.. but i made yet another korean male friend.. and was able to drink an additional four beers..

Last edited by Tiger Beer on Thu Jun 05, 2003 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Trinny

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going back to the original topic. I was under tremendous pressure from my peers to get my hair dyed, when in Korea. Looking back on my life in Korea, I must have had Asperger Syndrome or something, being totally incapable of interpreting Korean social ques. My friends at university and work thought of me as a country hick for keeping the natural, undesirable colour of hair.

I guess it is part of what makes Korean girls beautiful in the eyes of Koreans.

- lighter hair shade/long hair
- Light skin complexion almost to the extent that they look even whiter than westerners.
- Tall/ slim body
steroidmaximus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta follow Trinny's explanation on this one . . .my wife used to spend outrageous amounts of $ on skin whitening cream (?) because her sisters and friends claimed she was 'too dark'. Thankfully, the 200000 a month can now be used for more practical means, seeing as I like her skin just the way it is.
chi-chi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Trinny"]
I guess it is part of what makes Korean girls beautiful in the eyes of Koreans.

-
- Light skin complexion almost to the extent that they look even whiter than westerners.

Yeah I don't get that...it looks really goth and many of them do look whiter than Westerners...many of them look like brunette white girls...I didn't see girls dyeing their hair lighter though. I saw them dyeing it darker-blue black. Which really added to the goth look. And then they would put in these streak highlights which would turn orange. And I'm like, man, I know some goths back home who need to meet you guys..
Duncan McCocinue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Wall that was perfect. I was walking near Seoul station last weekend after the big anti-American demonstration. This young Korean dude dressed in his Nike track suit and LA Lakers cap told me to "go back to my own country" because "we don't want f*@#$^% America here." I just walked off with my girlfriend and let the Eminem that was playing in his car stereo fade off into the distance. Most of them can't even make up thier mind. I always keep in mind that I'm not here forever when things like that happen and it has never really got to me. It sometimes seems like it's quite a bit more that the odd jerk that has some shockingly closed minded and unimformed ideas about not only America, but the rest of the "outside" world. I kinda like being on the outside.
seoulman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they do all this because they get bored with themselves. Think how boring it would be to live as a non "outsider" in such a homogeneous culture and society where everyone for the most part looks very similar. So, dye your hair and escape the drabness.
orpheusdown

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Why oh why do korean women dye??? Reply with quote

The evil penguin wrote:
Why do they dye?
Before coming here from Oz I always preferrred the blondes. Don't know why, just personal preference. But since arriving here I have been converted. (incidently, when does a newbie like myself become a non-newbie? Its now been 3months.....)

Now I fall in love every minute walking down the street. The slender ankles encased in high heel shoes. The white stockings. The short skirts (the women all wear jeans and boots and akubra hats back home). And best of, the "luxurious" thick black hair. I've been converted.!!!!!!!CHOSSUMNIDA!!!
Which brings me to my bugbear...... why the flying wombat do they have to dye their hair to all those unnatural brown colours????
Should this be allowed???
Its a travesty.....

Thought it was worth a mention.

You bet! I�m totally with you on this one, evil penguin. I cannot even take a short stroll to the 7/11 without getting a rocket ready to launch. Korean women are just so seductively titillating. I have traveled the world crossing between the poles, and I have yet to find a race of women with so much oomph. Visually stunning, they become much more arousing once you learn their language and cultural conventions concerning courtship. If, by chance you are ever fortunate and get close enough to earn the trust leading to a sexual rendezvous with a Korean woman maintaining both her cultural self-consciousness and her natural inherited beauty yet willing to surrender to her innate physical open-mindedness, consider yourself very lucky.

The biggest turn on for me is when my wife is dressed in one of her traditional �Homboks� and has her long, thick ebony hair tightly tied up ready to rock. I cringe with excitement tearing into shreds her customary apparel exposing her skintight black leather undergarments. Then, wielding her long leather whip, she gets payback for smearing her crimson lipstick.

To me, their long black voluptuous hair is the most alluringly spellbinding feature of their enchanting beauty. Why they want to go and bleach it away transcends common sense.

orpheus down - �Ah, when will she come walking over? I've been waiting to show her. Crimson and clover. Over and over.�(Tommy James)

Last edited by orpheusdown on Fri Jun 06, 2003 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
William Beckerson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, to sum up our thread thus far:

"Korean girls are so hot when they look totally ethnic and I...hard to type...one hand... uh...uhn...ughn...uh...GODI'MGONNABLOW ... ughn uhnnnnnn...gasp gasp....ah lord....whew...where's the kleenex?"

Or, at least that's how these "Korean gals are hot" threads are looking to me these days.

Last edited by William Beckerson on Fri Jun 06, 2003 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Japan young women are starting to dye their pubic hair the same color as Chris Beckham's quiff:

"Beckham Changing the Face of Female Genital Hair", Mainichi Daily News, January 23, 2003.
The evil penguin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manner of Speaking- And they display this in public?????!!!!??

I'm actually heading over to Osaka this Friday. I'll be taking my camera.

Oh, and my box of kleenex.....
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the dyed hair. I get sick of looking at black hair all day and I think its nice to see a blond every now and again, even if it is unnatural.

I don't like the wigs though... Ive run across a few girls that wear wigs, which I tend to associate with my 80 year-old, bald grandma.
Manner of Speaking

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The evil penguin wrote:
Manner of Speaking- And they display this in public?????!!!!??

I'm actually heading over to Osaka this Friday. I'll be taking my camera.

Oh, and my box of kleenex.....

Not that I know of.

Do you have a cold?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: