Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Could somebody please explain how avatars work?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 1:54 am    Post subject: Could somebody please explain how avatars work? Reply with quote

Okay, I seem to be right out of the loop on this one. How do I find an avatar and link it to my profile? Can I do that on a PC Bang machine?
Tancred

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are many servers that, for some reason that i've yet to understand will host your avatar on their servers for you...all you have to do is put one there and give dave's esl cafe the URL to where you have it...

i don't know of any off hand but just do a google search and you should find one...

t.
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Might nice of ya Reply with quote

Thanks! Wink
Anda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Um Answers Reply with quote

You will notice that my other fly died and that I have been lucky enough to catch another.
All right instructions: Pretend that you think flies are great and practise on my fly avatar.
1 / Click onto my fly with your mouse. A list will come up. First off go down the list to "Go to my pictures" Click there so that the photo gets posted to your pictures. Now go down the list again to "Properties". Click there and copy down the URL address that comes up onto a piece of paper.
2 / Right now when you have found a picture of your own you come back to dave's and open your profile page and go down the very bottom to where you enter in the URL address. Type in the URL address and hit submit and that's it.
Any suitable photo anywhere on the Net can be used provided the size is right.
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:00 am    Post subject: Sigh...Korean operating system Reply with quote

This PC Bang machine is all in Korean. Thanks for trying to help, but all of that's not possible for me.
elmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a test
The Lemon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been helping many people here out by hosting their avatar on my server. Contact me with a private message and I'll be glad to set you up. You'll just need to e-mail me the picture you'd like to use (keep it the correct size, or I'll shrink it down to size) and I'll take it from there.

This is a standing offer, but act fast - I'm going away this weekend until the end of the month on vacation. Smile Smile
The Lemon
elmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Anda, thanks man. Very Happy I really needed it spelled out for me...

However I don't know why you "go to My Pictues", and just a shortcut, I just copied and pasted the address from Properties (that's what I couldn't figure out before Crying or Very sad ....) Who uses paper these days!!
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:24 am    Post subject: Lemon...cool! Reply with quote

Thanks lemon. What's your e-mail?
The Bombastic One

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple sites that have nifty images.

http://www.mysmilies.com/
http://www.gifs.net/animate/animate.htm

Of course, you can always right click on someone's image and click properties and then see the URL.

Mr Bombastic
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:55 am    Post subject: Happy Avatar-laden Lighthouse! Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Lemon. This is the picture that originally inspired my moniker! Happy!
Tancred

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lighthouse...just a propos your picture, i have the same one hanging in my apartment in canada. just wanted to say that for some reason...that's all....that's really everything i had to say....maybe i didn't really have to post that information, but i just felt like it all right....well, what are you all staring at me for...well...f@#k you! F@#k all of you!!!
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:08 am    Post subject: Hmmm Reply with quote

okay DOkey Confused
Anda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

A couple of hints more. First off you don't need Lemons help if you follow my instructions unless you need the photo reduced.
Second if you are on a Korean windows then when you click onto the picture you want and the list comes then just go down the list a total of 9 lines and hit the ninth line. Then you go to bottom line and that's Properties. Grab a Korean to help you with the URL address and follow the rest of my instructions.
lighthouse1971

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Anda. Lemon swooped in there for me, but I'll use your advice for sure if I want to change my avatar in the future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: