Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captives told to claim torture
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R. S. Refugee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wangja wrote:

funplanet wrote:
I mentioned this in another thread and got crucified for it....just proves how full of venom and hatred the left have for America and Bush...

so close minded they don't even want to consider other plausible scenarios

one man's abuse is another man's pleasure.... Very Happy

America and Bush are not the same.

That's a very profound statement, Wangja, that the right's favorite junkie bloviator always ignores as he tries (however unsucessfully) to conflate the USA and its boy emperor.

If someone were to feel "hatred and venom," as fp says, for a political leader that they believe is a mass murderer and war criminal, that in no way implies that they hate America. In fact, even if they disagree with the foreign policy of the USA and believe that it causes a great deal of misery in the world just to satisfy the insatiable lust for power and wealth of a small, elite class that actually rules the USA under a democratic facade, that doesn't mean that they hate America either. It probably means that they have a vision and aspiration for a more just America.

The fact is "You hate America" is a truly worthless jibe that doesn't mean anything at all. That's why it is so effective with the IQ-challenged. They can say it over and over ad naseum and who can refute it since it is a meaningless expression used simply as a weak propaganda aid by the IQ-challenged.

Sorry to be so insulting and give you such a hard time about this fp, but I really believe that you're smarter than that and you do have the choice of coming up with some arguments for your position that actually have some logical meaning and aren't just the Great Bloviator's eruptions. I have a feeling that he uses the expression "they hate America" mucho times per show. (I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong.)

Such meaningless propaganda jibes won't wash around here. I'm sure they taught you better critical thinking skills in parochial school than that, didn't they?

funplanet wrote:
one man's abuse is another man's pleasure.... Very Happy

I kinda sense that there's something that you're trying to reveal to us here, fp, but there's a big difference between real torture and S&M games with the working girls down in Itaewon. (Does she wear stilleto heels, black fishnet stockings and carry a whip? Just kidding, fp. I don't really want to know.)

One big difference is that the people who play those S&M games have an agreed upon signal that means enough, quit NOW. (Or so they said on a tv program I was watching. I don't have any personal knowledge in this realm.) Real torture victims know that it isn't a game and there is no signal that will make the torture stop.

S&M games may be an amusing topic to make jokes about, but there is nothing amusing about real torture. It makes Jesus cry.
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of those against the war don't hate America others like the creeps at counterpunch do.

Al Franken and David Corn vs Counterpunch , the international Action Center and 9-11 conspiracy theorists is the difference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: