Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U.S. warns countries not to aid Zarqawi
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I said that they did most of the time. Show me I'm wrong. I'm interested.

Quote:
Soviet prisoners received especially harsh treatment in the wake of the German invasion of the U.S.S.R. in 1941. In a period of eight months between 1941 and 1942, the Nazis killed 2.8 million Soviet P.O.W.s in what may be the most concentrated mass execution in human history, exceeding in killing rate even the worst stages of the Jewish Holocaust. These figures also do not take into account perhaps as many as a million Soviet soldiers who the Nazis executed immediately, before they could even be taken captive. Those who survived this ordeal were sent to Nazi concentration camps, where they were used for hard labor, medical experimentation, and were often summarily executed.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/berga/beyond/system.html

Quote:

And if Rummy and Condi sayhs they are - which they haven't I notice, only you seem to be doing that - then I think we should believe them, because both of those people turned out to be spot on correct about WMDs and Saddam's support for Al Queda and the 9/11 terrorists.

Well Saddam wasn't in complience .

Quote:
The Bobster can't help but notice that you have not directly answered the question posed about whether the air strikes you suggest would actually wise policy, nor have you responded to hypnotoist's queries about whether you would suggest the same kind of bomb strike for a Western country if it was believed that they were harboring a terrorist - for instance if they simply refused to extradite one of their own citizens that might end up in Gitmo.

no , unless they are helping the insurgency but the US might consider other actions depending on the circumstances.
Quote:

I don't think I'm the one lacking clues here, Joo. Use all the abusive language you like if you think that's the only way to address these issues. I think the route of personal attacks you enjoy engagiung tends to make you look poorly, and I won't be drawn into them any more, that's all.[

what personal attacks?

??

Last edited by Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee on Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hypnotist wrote:
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:
hypnotist wrote:
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:

If the US find out that he is in another country then the US should go after him w/ airpower.

What if, by some freak coincidence, he (or one of the other AQ 'leadership') were to be in the US?

Go after them with airpower?

How about if they're in London? Or Berlin? Or Vancouver?

When they are being protected by the government?

What if, say, Babar Ahmed wins his appeal and is not extradited to America? Would you support sending in the warplanes to bomb his London home?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4554829.stm

probably not , but there are other things the US can do. If he supports terrorists then England will deal with him.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:
Quote:
I said that they did most of the time. Show me I'm wrong. I'm interested.

Quote:
Soviet prisoners received especially harsh treatment in the wake of the German invasion of the U.S.S.R. in 1941. In a period of eight months between 1941 and 1942, the Nazis killed 2.8 million Soviet P.O.W.s in what may be the most concentrated mass execution in human history, exceeding in killing rate even the worst stages of the Jewish Holocaust. These figures also do not take into account perhaps as many as a million Soviet soldiers who the Nazis executed immediately, before they could even be taken captive. Those who survived this ordeal were sent to Nazi concentration camps, where they were used for hard labor, medical experimentation, and were often summarily executed.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/berga/beyond/system.html

Thanks for the link, but for the 3rd time let me point out that I actually did say "most of the time," and the eight-month period referred to here doesn't qualify as a refutation of that. Thanks for the effort, though.

Quote:
Quote:

And if Rummy and Condi sayhs they are - which they haven't I notice, only you seem to be doing that - then I think we should believe them, because both of those people turned out to be spot on correct about WMDs and Saddam's support for Al Queda and the 9/11 terrorists.

Well Saddam wasn't in complience .

Irrelevant. They said Saddam was a danger to the US and the things I cited above were the reasons they gave. Next time they want to invade or attack a country they will not be believed.

Quote:
Quote:
The Bobster can't help but notice that you have not directly answered the question posed about whether the air strikes you suggest would actually wise policy, nor have you responded to hypnotoist's queries about whether you would suggest the same kind of bomb strike for a Western country if it was believed that they were harboring a terrorist - for instance if they simply refused to extradite one of their own citizens that might end up in Gitmo.

no , unless they are helping the insurgency but the US might consider other actions depending on the circumstances.

So you are in favor of air strikes only on Middle Eastern countries that harbor terrorists? Doesn't it strike you that would give fuel to the crowd that claim we are at war with Islam?

Quote:
what personal attacks?

boo hoo Bobsters the king of slander and hypocrisy is crying.

My mistake. I didn't realize when you called me a "fake peace activist" you meant it as a compliment.

I don't think I've insulted you anywhere on this thread. Once again, I'm not going to let you draw me into that kind of thing.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Thanks for the link, but for the 3rd time let me point out that I actually did say "most of the time," and the eight-month period referred to here doesn't qualify as a refutation of that. Thanks for the effort, though.[

no they just killed a million prisioners. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
So you are in favor of air strikes only on Middle Eastern countries that harbor terrorists? Doesn't it strike you that would give fuel to the crowd that claim we are at war with Islam?

and support the insurgency.

We are not at war with Islam , however the US is at war with fascism. that is what Bathists or supports of Khomeni or Bin Laden are.That crowd will find something to go after the US no matter what. Remember that crowd never said anything when Bin Laden or Saddam or Khomeni , or Assad killed muslims for reasons far less justified than what the US did. All the while when the US was helping muslims.

The problem is that "crowd" is angry because the govts , the clerics , the elite and the media over there teach hate, incite violence and fund and plan terror. And if they wont stop then they need to be forced to, and the US is right to throw everything it has at them get the point across.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bobster wrote:
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:
Quote:
I take it you admit to being delusional, then. Fine, just so we got that cleared up.

just like you thought Nazi germany observed the Geneva convention

I said that they did so most of the time. Show me I'm wrong. I'm interested.

[.

http://muweb.Millersville.edu/~holo-con/Rosen-1999.html

He shows that the Nazis carried out a systemic killing of the handicapped, Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses and Slavs.

There are literally thousands of violations of the said Geneva Conventions.

Then there is the Holocaust.

To even suggest that Nazi Germany paid more than lip service to the Geneva conventions is laughable and refutable by even a causal glance at the evidence.
The Bobster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for the link, but for the 3rd time let me point out that I actually did say "most of the time," and the eight-month period referred to here doesn't qualify as a refutation of that. Thanks for the effort, though.

no they just killed a million prisioners.

Quote:
Quote:

and support the insurgency.

We are not at war with Islam , however the US is at war with fascism.

You often talk about fascism with regard to the Middle East, yet I seldom hear anyone else do so, not from the White House not any of their orgams in the conservative media. I wonder why you do this, and then call others the "tinfoil hat" crowd when similiar remarks are made about Bush ...

TheUrbanMyth wrote:

http://muweb.Millersville.edu/~holo-con/Rosen-1999.html

He shows that the Nazis carried out a systemic killing of the handicapped, Gypsies, homosexuals, Jehovah's Witnesses and Slavs.

There are literally thousands of violations of the said Geneva Conventions.

Then there is the Holocaust.

<Gravely voice intended to resemble Yoda from the Star Wars Thing>

"Recalling that one you are that lectured I have and tried to educate on countless occasions about the dangerous results of bigotry and racism, a small bit of teacher's victory at having won you over from the Dark Side will I claim, young padua ...

"Yet, note you will. that the atrocoties you present were kept secret from the world at large and not in any way refer did they to the intentions behind the Geneva Conventions, not even the actual words within them, which referred, they did, to persons captured as part of armed confliuct between armies.

"The world, at that time in history, such matters viewed as internal affairs purely, and little little concern, show, did they ... yet a distraction it is from the question of whether the Nazis "most of the time" the Geneva Conventions, observed ... ">

<Back to the Bobster's Voice :>
I'm having fun because I saw the recent Star Wras movie last weekend, and because The Urban Myth is a constant source of amusement, anyway, ... except for the times he's making us all sad with his thinly-disguised hate, of course.

Both of you and joo over there are trying hard to put me in the position of defending Nazi Germany, and obviously I'm not in the mood to fall for that ... and why do you even try? Because of a remark I made on another discussion that referred to the fact that Hitler never repudiated the Conventions and his military underlings largely - as I said originally, "most oif the time" - the German military abided by them, as we did toward their POWs.

As it pertains to the original discussion where I made trhe remark, it is something that sets Nazi Germany apart from America in 2005, because in fact it does seem that our president has repudiated the Conventions insome curcumstasnces, and said that it does not apply in some cases, such as the prisoners being hed in Gitmo - he has said so publicly, whereas the death camps mentioned above were carried out secretly hidden from the world whiule Guantanamo is out there for all to see.

Does any of it affect the diswcussion topic of this thread? No, I didn't hear Zarqawi mentioned oncer in TUM's contribution - it would appear to be a case where guy who was wounded in the past thought he could get something back ... but he was wrong one more time.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You often talk about fascism with regard to the Middle East, yet I seldom hear anyone else do so, not from the White House not any of their orgams in the conservative media. I wonder why you do this, and then call others the "tinfoil hat" crowd when similiar remarks are made about Bush ...

because Bathists , Khomenists and Bin Ladenists are fascists.
They kill those who disagree w/ them, and murder their minority groups. and they teach hate. and for plently of other reasons.

On the other hand the other side doesn't have a case to call Bush a fascist.

Though some of them in fact do support fascists themselves.

Indeed fascists hate Bush. See if David Duke , or Lyndon LaRouche like Bush.

Quote:
Both of you and joo over there are trying hard to put me in the position of defending Nazi Germany, and obviously I'm not in the mood to fall for that ... and why do you even try? Because of a remark I made on another discussion that referred to the fact that Hitler never repudiated the Conventions and his military underlings largely - as I said originally, "most oif the time" - the German military abided by them, as we did toward their POWs.

No , I think it just showed that you didn't know what you were talking about.
TheUrbanMyth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Bobster"]
Quote:
[
(1) "Yet, note you will. that the atrocoties you present were kept secret from the world at large and not in any way refer did they to the intentions behind the Geneva Conventions, not even the actual words within them, which referred, they did, to persons captured as part of armed confliuct between armies.

(2) "The world, at that time in history, such matters viewed as internal affairs purely, and little little concern, show, did they ... yet a distraction it is from the question of whether the Nazis "most of the time" the Geneva Conventions, observed ... ">

(3) I'm having fun because I saw the recent Star Wras movie last weekend, and because The Urban Myth is a constant source of amusement, anyway, ... except for the times he's making us all sad with his thinly-disguised hate, of course.

(4) Both of you and joo over there are trying hard to put me in the position of defending Nazi Germany, and obviously I'm not in the mood to fall for that ... and why do you even try? Because of a remark I made on another discussion that referred to the fact that Hitler never repudiated the Conventions and his military underlings largely - as I said originally, "most oif the time" - the German military abided by them, as we did toward their POWs.

(5) As it pertains to the original discussion where I made trhe remark, it is something that sets Nazi Germany apart from America in 2005, because in fact it does seem that our president has repudiated the Conventions insome curcumstasnces, and said that it does not apply in some cases, such as the prisoners being hed in Gitmo - he has said so publicly, whereas the death camps mentioned above were carried out secretly hidden from the world whiule Guantanamo is out there for all to see.

(6) Does any of it affect the diswcussion topic of this thread? No, I didn't hear Zarqawi mentioned oncer in TUM's contribution - it would appear to be a case where guy who was wounded in the past thought he could get something back ... but he was wrong one more time.

(Numbers are mine)

1. So you want to talk about "...persons captured as part of armed confliuct (conflict?) between armies."? I thought you might.

http://www.h-net.org/reviews/showrev.cgi?path=189811084098200

or

http://www.b24.net/pow/stalag1.htm

2. We can see in the links that British and American prisoners were indeed treated harshly, but not as harshly as a majority of Soviet prisoners who in clear violation of such conventions were murdered. There are plenty of links that detail the German government's violation of Geneva conventions as they relate to just POW's. Particularly Soviet POW's. Do some reading, please, before you spout such nonsense. Paragraphs 2, 5, 6, and 7 from the first link are most instructive.

3. "thinly-disguised hate."? That's funny coming as it does from someone feverishly defending the Nazi regime

4. No one is trying to put you in the "position of defending Nazi Germany" You stepped into that all by yourself. Because that is what you are doing. You really are.

5. Which is better, violations that are open for all to see (Guantanamo) or ones that are secret (death camps)? Sounds like you are plumping for the latter.

6. I entered this conversation (as I have done before so many times) to correct your erronous distortions of history.

I noticed you didn't provide any links to back up your claims. On the other hand I can provide plenty more if you wish. Why are you defending a murderous fascist regime by the way? There are obvious clear REPEATED clear violations of the Geneva Conventions as they relate to POW's, (and I would suggest that your 'humour' is--to say the least, rather inapproriate when dealing with topics like the Holocaust.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: