Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did you watch Queer Eye last night?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freezer Burn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss James wrote:
Can you imagine the fab 5 coming over and quearing up the wardrobes of your average metrosexual Seoullite?

"Pink v-neck sweater, check
10 kinds of slip-on shoes, check
white trousers, check
Louis Vuitton manbag, check- come on fellas- our work here is already done!"

I would say more like butching it up
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss James wrote:
Can you imagine the fab 5 coming over and quearing up the wardrobes of your average metrosexual Seoullite?

white trousers, check

So what you're saying is, the modern urban Korean male is soooo gay. Wasn't that a hugely popular thread a while back? Like, around the time I joined Dave's? And what was the verdict?
kermo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JongnoGuru wrote:
Swiss James wrote:

white trousers, check

So what you're saying is, the modern urban Korean male is soooo gay. Wasn't that a hugely popular thread a while back? Like, around the time I joined Dave's? And what was the verdict?

I'm tempted to ring up the fashion police on a daily basis for crimes like pink cardigans with bust-enhancing gathers around the chest... on men. Aside from the guys who are just oblivious, I would describe many of them as "dandies". Not "poofs" exactly, but certainly swanky, primping cockatoo, fagasaurus... no, wait, that's not what I meant.
Ekuboko

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peppermint wrote:
anyone remember the guy's name so I can lookfor it online?

It was James Massey.
They said his mother sends/brings him stuff from Korea - he doesn't look half-Korean, so I was trying to figure out why he has a non-Korean surname...
Am pretty sure his gf was Korean too (her name was Tae-Bee (���)). She def. needed an appreciative rocket up her princess-butt!

I saw this episode in NZ last year - was very funny then and just as funny last night, now that I know a bit more about Korean people! Was really funny when he was getting all p'ed off and stressed out when they first arrived and were trashing everything.
Swiss James

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the kind of stuff those urbanites wear looks good on them, in that environment- but take it anywhere in the West and boy oh boy would they look gay.

In fact I think more than 50% of the guys I see walking around would be verbally and/or physically attacked in my home town for dressing that way.
honeybuzz

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy was pretty cute if I remember correctly
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekuboko wrote:
peppermint wrote:

It was James Massey.
They said his mother sends/brings him stuff from Korea - he doesn't look half-Korean, so I was trying to figure out why he has a non-Korean surname...

He could be the adopted son of a Korean mother and an American father.

Sparkles*_*
squat toilet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JongnoGuru wrote:

Name of Debate: Gay or Stud

Verdict: If I remember correctly that Sparkx guy won (or whatever his name is)

Aftermath: I heard he was showered with riches from D. Sperl resulting in massive messageboard jealousy. Sparkx was then beaten down by mods and subsequently banned/oppressed (much like Jesus).

Fear of things greater than you (and more handsome than you) is the bedfellow of violence
- Squat Toilet, June 3rd, 2005
Hwajangsil Ajumma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squat Toilet !! (may I call you Mr Toilet?)

How wonderful to see you back. How I had been pining away until my wrists became sore for our dear friend Sparkx. What a great guy he was, almost as great as you.

Let me set one thing straight for the sake of staying on-topic. Korea is wonderful for those of us who wish to dress in a style that, elsewhere, would subject us to ridicule. Pink and pastel blue are the only colours worthy of my wardrobe this season - my silk blouses, tight angora sweaters (some of which are so daringly off-the-shoulder), frilly lace cravats and velveteen pantaloons cut me as the dashing young figure that I am. The boys all say they wouldn't have me any other way, though in fairness I think maybe they're just putting in extra - unnecessary - effort to persuade me to lose at soggy biscuit again.
princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

itaewonguy wrote:
actaully its on 10am.. most weekdays.. as is most relality tv...

yeah I have seen all the shows.. it really is funny..

that korean guy tried hard.. but his girlfriend is such a princess!
loved the part where the KIMCHI is out on the balcony and carlton almost pukes from the smell! hahahahaha
Well, Carson should have seen what my ex Korean roommate left right outside her bedroom window. (A carton of milk from October 2004). She moved out this week. I got her old room and had to keep the windows closed because of the stench wafting in to my new room. She also left a pot of kimchi chigae on the counter for over 2 weeks. It was growing cotton looking mold all over. I just threw the whole pot out. GROSS!!!
kermo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kermo wrote:

I'm tempted to ring up the fashion police on a daily basis for crimes like pink cardigans with bust-enhancing gathers around the chest... on men. Aside from the guys who are just oblivious, I would describe many of them as "dandies". Not "poofs" exactly, but certainly swanky, primping *beep*, *beep*... no, wait, that's not what I meant.

Just for the record, those two beeps aren't swears, but I guess they contain some offensive syllables. The first one is "c.o.c.k.a.t.o.o", in reference to the gloriously spiky coifs sported by many of these fair fellows. The second one probably doesn't bear repeating. The first syllable was the offending one, but it was followed by "-asaurus" which I thought would let me off the hook.
zappadelta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering about his name too, he definitely looked 100 Korean. And, the girl was korean too. Her name was �º� not ���.
winnie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ekuboko wrote:
peppermint wrote:

It was James Massey.
Am pretty sure his gf was Korean too (her name was Tae-Bee (���)). She def. needed an appreciative rocket up her princess-butt!

I saw this episode in NZ last year - was very funny then and just as funny last night, now that I know a bit more about Korean people! Was really funny when he was getting all p'ed off and stressed out when they first arrived and were trashing everything.

Ya, I agree with you. I was puzzled by his name also...they kept showing a man who they said was his godfather I think....it was hard to see with the K-subtitles covering everything. The Koreans must have loved this episode.. Smile

I thought I heard them say she was Thai....but that too didn't see to be a likely scenario...she did look Korean, and she was also pretty rude to him.

Here is a link to the show, and what happened in more detail:

http://www.bravotv.com/Queer_Eye_for_the_Straight_Guy/Episodes/123/
inkoreaforgood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JongnoGuru wrote:
I didn't /don't watch it, but I don't get the comments here. Was it "hilarious", was it "funny" or was it "sad"?

And don't friggin' say "all three" Mad

How about all four?
Alias

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the esl male population could probably use their services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: