Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chillin in Chang-won City

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-in-C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Chillin in Chang-won City Reply with quote

Greetings from Canada...

Is there anyone out there that is living in Changwon City at present or has lived there before? (Sure GAJ, you can respond too) Surprised I am just wondering what it is like to live there. Can anyone share some pros and cons and suggest some places/things to see and do there?

Thanks a bunch,

Kate in Canada
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met a Korean girl that was living there last weekend. It sounds like it's a pretty small place with alot of big businesses set up there. Pusan and Ulsan are relatively close by though. Other than that I don't know much....
I would suspect that you'd find life easier in a larger city......depends what you are into though.
K-in-C

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 4:45 pm    Post subject: Still hungry? Reply with quote

Thanks Kyle,

I lived in Seoul last year and it is too darn big for me. Chang-won has a population of about half a mil and that suits me just fine. I know that there is lots of grren space there too. Very Happy

K
Man of Changwon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pros:
*It's very clean by Korean standards with lots of parks and gardens
*It is getting many newer amenities with lotte Cinema having gone in and now EMart is in the centre of town it is good(but bloody packed).
*The ex-pat population here is close-knit with one bar called IP drawing most of the crowd so if you want to meet someone thats where to go.
*It is close to Busan and a bus goes every 12 minutes.

Cons:
*If you go for the big city look and feel this isn't the place. The only entertainment options are basically sex, going to the movies or drinking. How I miss techno music, that is where Seoul is so much better.
*Since it is provincial you get quite a few more stares here than in Seoul or Busan(this has improved in the last year or so though).

Personally I like it here and plan to live here for the duration of my stay here in Korea, and I'm young(25) and dumb so it's not all bad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: