Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'American Gulag'?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mithridates

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. Well, I'll just take his comments as being merely the bluster that they are and keep that in mind the next time I see something from the said poster. In spite of all that, one thing muslims share with us is the need for sleep. I'm off to bed.
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee wrote:
Quote:

Who said he was fighting for the taliban? Where are you getting your information?

Well most if not all of them there were doing just that

How the hell do you know that? Do you have any proof of that?

Quote:
He may have been doing legitimate intelligence gathering work for the CIA or some other US gov
agency.

Uh ok, why would the US send a mideasterner to Afghanistan?

Maybe because a blonde-haired, blue-eyed American boy wouldn't fit in so well. I can't believe you are even asking this. Are you really that naive?

Quote:
He also may have been doing some research for oil companies. I suppose there are lots of legitimate reasons why a mid-easterner would have been in Afghanistan.

Really why would they have been fightting for the Taliban then?

He could have been working as a translator/interpretor or some other legitimate function. He could have been doing some kind of consulting work. This should be easy enough to check out in any case. All they would have to do is find out who his supervisor or contact person was and then see if his story checks out.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He could have been working as a translator/interpretor or some other legitimate function. He could have been doing some kind of consulting work. This should be easy enough to check out in any case. All they would have to do is find out who his supervisor or contact person was and then see if his story checks out.

w the Tabliban. Why would they need interpreters? Consulting work? with the Taliban?
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He said he was working for America. That would mean either an American government agency or private company.

How do you know he had anything to do with the Taliban? He may have just been picked up on the street for all any of us know.

I'm sure it would be easy enough to verify whether or not the guy is telling the truth. He should have the name of some company supervisor or contact person in a government agency. If he doesn't, then he's probably lying. But how in the world are you making all these assumptions about this guy? How do you know anything about him?

What are you not telling us?
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some waygug-in wrote:
He said he was working for America. That would mean either an American government agency or private company.

How do you know he had anything to do with the Taliban? He may have just been picked up on the street for all any of us know.

I'm sure it would be easy enough to verify whether or not the guy is telling the truth. He should have the name of some company supervisor or contact person in a government agency. If he doesn't, then he's probably lying. But how in the world are you making all these assumptions about this guy? How do you know anything about him?

What are you not telling us?

which guy are you talking about? Is he in Gtmo now?
some waygug-in

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One man claimed he was working with the Americans and the U.S.-backed Northern Alliance.

"I was working with you and now I am here, and I see those people here that I helped capture in Afghanistan," said the purported former commander, adding he fears if he's ever released to his country he will be killed because of information he has provided to the Americans.

Stories of false accusations abound. One prisoner said he was in Afghanistan to buy heroin so he could sell it to open a nightclub in Europe, another said he was a goat herder - while others said they offered false confessions to their captors to make alleged abuse stop.

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=2837
Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

The guy from the article that I posted much earlier in this thread.

I assume he is still in Gitmo now, although I don't know for sure.

You, on the other hand seem to "know for sure" that he was in contact with the Taliban and was fighting for them. How could you possibly know that when you don't even know who it is?
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't know if he is in Gitmo.

besides if he were working for the CIA you dont think the CIA would help him?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: