Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blonde foils

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sheba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Blonde foils Reply with quote

In the weekend I went to a hairdresser - dubbed as one of the best in Pohang... dont know how much that says though! Anyway, Ive had foils back home in 3 different colours, and even though I had a friend there to translate, and the hair dresser noticed the different colours, they put some kind of 5 min peroxide all over my scalp... now instead of having brown regrowth it looks more like an orangey regrowth... I shudder to think of what it will look like when my hair grows out again...

It doesnt look TOO bad but I wont get away with it again... so is there anyone whos had foils in Korea? Where did you go? How much did it cost? (Im willing to travel!) Or should I just dye my hair all one colour and stop with the fuss?
rapier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Blonde foils Reply with quote

kimbelina wrote:
In the weekend I went to a hairdresser - dubbed as one of the best in Pohang... dont know how much that says though! Anyway, Ive had foils back home in 3 different colours, and even though I had a friend there to translate, and the hair dresser noticed the different colours, they put some kind of 5 min peroxide all over my scalp... now instead of having brown regrowth it looks more like an orangey regrowth... I shudder to think of what it will look like when my hair grows out again...

It doesnt look TOO bad but I wont get away with it again... so is there anyone whos had foils in Korea? Where did you go? How much did it cost? (Im willing to travel!) Or should I just dye my hair all one colour and stop with the fuss?

I'm sure that peroxide makes all the difference between 1.9 and 2.5. How about blue contact lenses as well?
komtengi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Blonde foils Reply with quote

kimbelina wrote:
Pohang

well that explains that problem
peppermint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a guy in Itaewon(Seoul) that does a decent job. When you come out of the subway station, you'll see a burger king, the salon above that is the best I've found.
pollyplummer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: michel Reply with quote

Yes, I went to Michel at the place above the Burger King and had foils done there... it was the most meticulous weave I've ever had done, not big chunks but tiny, tiny ones with foil all over my hair. It took forever. I wouldnt say that he's the best hair stylist I've ever had, but he's not bad for Korea and he speaks a decent amount of English. I'm going saturday. Maybe I'll see ya there! Cool
sheba

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Blonde foils Reply with quote

rapier wrote:

How about blue contact lenses as well?

My eyes are already blue!!

Ill make a trip up to Seoul soon, will see what happens to my hair over the next few weeks... Usually I go every 6-8 weeks, but I just might look too rediculous by that stage!

Thanks peppermint and pollyplummer
pollyplummer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Blonde foils Reply with quote

kimbelina wrote:
rapier wrote:

How about blue contact lenses as well?

My eyes are already blue!!

Ill make a trip up to Seoul soon, will see what happens to my hair over the next few weeks... Usually I go every 6-8 weeks, but I just might look too rediculous by that stage!

If you're there this weekend, I'll see ya around.

kimbelina wrote:
Thanks peppermint and pollyplummer

Okay, now that's really saying something. Peppermint and Pollyplummer are like the most exactly opposite that two women could ever be. BUT they agree about the salon over the Burger King. What a magical world. Wink And by the way, peppermint, I've been meaning to thank you for not being an ass. Some people turn into an instant ass if you disagree with them, but you've got some class. Cool
peppermint

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not that different- we're both here after all, which kinda sets us off the mainstream path. We just have completely opposing views on relationships.

As for being an ass about it- why would anyone bother? Differences are what make people interesting.
periwinkle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me when I first came to Korea, and I know several others who have had the same problem (I wore a hat for 2 weeks after that because she said the color would fade- whatEVER!). The thing that pissed me off was the hairstylist never admitted she made a mistake, and I had to pay for it!! Never again!! You need to go to a chain, not a neighborhood ajumma perm joint. I go to Lee Chul Hair Ker (I'm in Seoul, though). Also, keep an eagle eye on them when getting a cut. Stylists tend to ignore what you want and do what they think looks best on you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: