Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anybody wanna go in on a bodybuilding.com order?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Demonicat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Anybody wanna go in on a bodybuilding.com order? Reply with quote

It appears from previous posts that more than a few people here use bodybuilding.com to get their dose of supplements, proteins, caffiene, and what-have-you's, and why not- its CHEAP. The thing that kills is the shipping; your $15 protein becomes $45 quick. Of course, the more yu buy the cheaper it gets (Shipping $25= 1item/$25 2 item/$12 5 item/$5, and so on). So if we all make one order we can pay much less in shipping, per person. Anybody interested in making a group order?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hollywoodaction

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to auction.co.kr, or gmarket.com if you want whey protein powder or weight gain formula. It's roughly 10000 won a kg for the protein, and 7000 won a kg for the weight gain formula.

http://www.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_category/category_small_s.asp?gdsc_cd=300003338&link_type=LIST
Demonicat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things:
1) its all in Korean, so I have no idea on the protein vs. Carb ratio or what else is added. this is a big deal as Koreans tend to put laxatives in the darndest places.
2) I'm not Korean, so I can;t but things online
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
white_shadow

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in getting some whey. How much is it gonna be? How much compared to Costco? Will you deliver? I start work in Incheon soon, so getting around will be difficult.

There was a post by Itaewon or someone asking about supplements at Costco. You might want to hit him up as well.
gmat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demonicat: I will be making an order in August, but it will probably be near $150 before shipping so won't be able to join up.
Horangi Munshin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much can the value of your order be before you have to pay duty on it?
I made an order last week for just under $100.
Demonicat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe its $150. A friend of mine ordered a Gucci watch last month and had to pay duties/get it inspected. She said that was becasue the value was waaaay over $150. Her watch was $450, and the tax was $80.
CustomX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just ordered a 4.5kg container of protein that has 37g of protein per serving. it was 32,000W , with a free shake mixer and free 1-2 day delivery. I ordered it from Gmarket with the link provided above. The protein I ordered has really good reviews. I'll let you know how it works.
gmat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

customx: was it a Korean brand or made in the USA? If American, what was the name of the brand?

TIA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: