Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korean garlic bread...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tzechuk

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Korean garlic bread... Reply with quote

Why is it so sweet?! And not at all garlicky.

Sad
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the pre-sliced ones in the plastic bags, right? Hard, crusty and full of sugar-frosted goodness! (Blechhh!!) Wretched stuff.
guangho

Location: a spot full of deception, stupidity, and public micturation and thus unfit for longterm residency

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first meal in Austin will be a veal parm hero followed by a brownie hot fudge sundae. Just so you all know.
coolsage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for some unknown reason they sugar up the tomato juice as well. Undoubtedly the same mentality that decided that pizza should be embellished with corn. Korea: the land where cuisine comes to die.
Grotto

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Korea: the land where cuisine comes to die

Laughing now thats funny.......... Crying or Very sad and sadly true at the same time.
funplanet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koreans have this maddening habit of putting sugar on garlic bread Shocked Shocked

The Italians must be ready to murder them Very Happy
Swiss James

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do so many people have a problem with corn on pizza? Tuna and sweetcorn is the best pizza topping ever- and anyone who says different is a mouth breather.
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss James wrote:
why do so many people have a problem with corn on pizza? Tuna and sweetcorn is the best pizza topping ever- and anyone who says different is a mouth breather.

Death to the pizza heretics!! Evil or Very Mad

I say that we, the Keepers of the True Pizza Faith, draw grisly images of Pepperoni and Black Olive and Mushroom divebombing the isles of Tuna & Sweetcorn! We can then put them on public exhibit at Gwanghwamun Station and on the kiosks beside the steps of the Sejong Cult'l Cntr. In the actual fighting, Italian Sausage and Portuguese Linguica will lead the amphibious assault on the beaches of Sweetcorn -- oh, it'll be real butchery! With that ersatz topping isolated and under attack, Pepperoni, Olive, Mushroom and Onion will bombard the defences of Tuna, whilst Garlic and Black Pepper slip under everyone's noses on a search & destroy mission targeting Tuna's command & control structure. The fish will be floundering within a week by our estimates, and ready to sign any surrender treaty we put before it.

Mop-up operations will be carried out by a crack trio of Cheeses along with Zesty Tomato Sauce. Irregular infantrymen including Anchovy, Pineapple, and an assortment of vegetarian and vegan toppings will stand guard against possible incursions by the dreaded Sweet Gherkins.
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolsage wrote:
And for some unknown reason they sugar up the tomato juice as well. Undoubtedly the same mentality that decided that pizza should be embellished with corn. Korea: the land where cuisine comes to die.

Sigh. Take a tomato, put it in a blender or juicer, and you'll find that "Korean-style" tomato juice tastes a lot more like "real" tomato juice.

I mean, I prefer Mott's, V8 etc., but they don't taste like an actual tomato. More like tomato sauce (tomato paste is an actual ingredient in both).

Sparkles*_*
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I go back home to visit I always order garlic bread.

Easy enough to make here. Olive oil, garlic, bread, and a frying pan.
indytrucks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolsage wrote:

Since when does tomato juice and pizza classify as "cuisine"?
sparkx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried "toma toma"? It's a frozen "freezy" type thing made from tomatos.

I was revolted when my tongue touched the thing at first, but after a while I actually grew to like it.

Such a strange sensation having your brain telling you that you shouldn't be enjoying a tomato flavored freezy while, at the same time, your tongue is diggin' it.
Tiberious aka Sparkles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparkx wrote:
Has anyone tried "toma toma"? It's a frozen "freezy" type thing made from tomatos.

I was revolted when my tongue touched the thing at first, but after a while I actually grew to like it.

Such a strange sensation having your brain telling you that you shouldn't be enjoying a tomato flavored freezy while, at the same time, your tongue is diggin' it.

http://psychedelickimchi.blogspot.com/2005/06/yuck.html

Then again, I like red bean ice cream.

Sparkles*_*
sistersarah

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think spaghettia makes good garlic bread. the basilica sauce stuff is awesome, too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Off-Topic Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: