Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Incheon Airport- 6th best airport in world
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:41 am    Post subject: worst airports.... Reply with quote

try vnukovo or sheremetevo in moscow. absolutely terrible. the old domestic terminal in novosibirsk is more like an old barn. try that one in the middle of january. terminal 1 in toronto sucks. schiphol (amsterdam) is a really nice airport. has everything you need and is user friendly. one of my favourites.
The Lemon

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
try vnukovo or sheremetevo in moscow. absolutely terrible.

This surprises me. I bet I could kill a good afternoon looking around that airport - I bet it's really interesting.
sickboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbilisi 'International' was certainly the grimmest I saw. Azerbaijan's wasn't half bad.

Incheon would be nicer if you could buy a packet of fags on the other side after clearing customs!!!!!

Any Canadian airport where you are subjected to their god damn licensing laws is awful. If Im at the aiport at 9 am, I want a beer.

Kanasai is nice, and the vending machines rock!

Denvers is great!

Stansted is great... better than Heathrow.

Dublin Aiport is shite.

Christ, I could do this for hours...

But the best is... Schipol, the Netherlands. Pints of sweet, sweet Heinekien.

-sick
RR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amsterdam is good (as someone mentioned before)

JFK sucks... expensive, no comfortable place to sit, terrible service and it is Fing huge.

I second the San Diego... cool location, small, friendly

LAX is actually really functional for being so big, and easy to get around. Needs to access the trains...but that's another story

Detroit's OK, lot's a shops and clean.

I remember Prague back in the day (early 90s), you can't see anything but farmland, so you start to wonder if you caught the wrong plane. And then there are the "dead" and dying planes scattered around the airport... scary.

Mal Pensa in Milan is surprisingly small, but Rome is alright.

Syndey I'll defend, been twice.. loved it. Great seats, nice shops, friendly everyone.

Canberra though.... no just kidding, nice too. And small... which is usually a nice break.

The new Munich is pretty good

Ok, stopping...

RR
crazylemongirl

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohh I have a bad airport story.

Wellington International is one of the worst airports in the world to fly into. It's a short runway, the apporach is hard due to winds whipping around and no run off space from the short run way, you go into the sea or smash into some jagged rocks.

In a storm it's horrible, I was just about to get my feet on the ground after a flight from hell bumping all over the place. The sea has truned white due to the storm and I see the rocks so I know we're just about to land. I'm waiting for the sound of the tires hitting the tarmac and then all of sudden the engines revv up and we're heading up again.

Also once flying out of wellington we were taking off a few minutes into the flight we got windsheer, plane dropped a considerable distance and all the overhead capartments opened up.

Needless to say these childhood experiences have not made me a very good flyer.

The new terminal is nice though.

CLG
HardyandTiny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuala Lumpur: I don't like the idea of taking the tram to an isolated terminal but it in general the place works better than all the others.

Incheon: Good, will be much more interesting when the bullet train is completed..maybe the best in the world at that point.

New York JFK: If I were a foreigner I would be completely lost. New York's Interantional airport is THE worst in the world.

Kansia: I love those bells and that girl's voice. Best service!
The Lemon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Kansia: I love those bells and that girl's voice. Best service!

Hey, me too! I was last at KIX over a year ago, and I can still remember the bells. I *think* they're using the same bell sounds at KLIA in Malaysia, too.

Japan's got cool melodic electronic chime sounds. The Osaka subway is particularly distinctive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: