Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

American "Democracy"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: American "Democracy" Reply with quote

It's funny how people play partisan politics and take sides based on short-term goals, emotional issues, and put their personal finances ahead of what's best for the nation. What's even funnier is that people are being played off against each other by a one-party oligarchy whose common goal is to ensure the absence of competition in government elections and election debates. The upper classes are dividing and conquering by baiting conservative christians with some rather un-christian diatribes and witch-hunts. Gay marriage is something people VOTE on now? An individual's liberty now depends on the goodwill of "compassionate conservatives"? Even after separation of church and state people's religious values are being put ahead of women's reproductive rights and safety???

Has anyone else noticed this pattern of flaccid "Democratic" candidates being racked up for the kill in American elections? It's really sad the way that people actually believe these two parties are in fact, two separate entities. I'm sure it would take all of twenty minutes to prove that by not many degrees of separation, these Patrician parasites' interests are one and the same. Sure Bush has oil intererests in the Middle East...how many of our liberal wackos/White Knights of Democracy own considerable interests in keeping the defense department well-fed and a blood-for-oil campaign raging for as long as America can hold their noses and avert their eyes???

I'm sure heros of BOTH parties are sipping brandy behind closed doors and cackling with abandon about a nation so hungry for lies and an absence of culpability. It must be ironic to them that people who are so happy to believe they live in a Democratic republic are willing to do so little to protect the basic ideals their repubic was founded on, that people like Bush are elected on the strength of their family's fortune and not their intellect or integrity.

Do these so-called "conservatives" and "liberals" need to have their right to take up arms against their oppressors revoked before they see that the very character of their nation is being shat upon by craven, short-sighted fools? What needs to happen for people to start caring about who is stealing their taxes and destroying the earth they live on???
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Beating a dead horse.... Reply with quote

When you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. This has got to be the most uninteresting thread ever posted.
Hater Depot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Beating a dead horse.... Reply with quote

PaperTiger wrote:
When you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. This has got to be the most uninteresting thread ever posted.

Read your post again. Except for the reference to gay marriage, it could have been written in the 50s... 60s.. 70s... 80s... 90s.

American democracy may not be perfect but it sure as hell isn't a tiny handful of brandy-sipping plutocrats manipulating world events like puppets on strings. If your goal was to sound like the kind of conspiracy-obssessed liberal that conservatives have successfully convinced many people to associate with the Democractic Party, then congratulations are in order.
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Conservative...about thinking... Reply with quote

"If your goal was to sound like the kind of conspiracy-obssessed liberal that conservatives have successfully convinced many people to associate with the Democractic Party, then congratulations are in order."

If your goal was to sound exactly like the absolutist, blinkered, rabid christian fundamentalist associated with the Repulican party then congratulations are in order. If your day to day complacency rests on the assurance that there is no corruption, nepotism, or skullduggery taking place in America then it's obvious you select candidates on the basis of issues which are nothing more than window dressing. The Green Day song "American Idiot" was written for you.

"Read your post again. Except for the reference to gay marriage, it could have been written in the 50s... 60s.. 70s... 80s... 90s."

Read your history books or newspapers again, but the recent apathy regarding our goverment's corruption and dishonesty is unmatched throughout history. I don't know what crappy junior college you drank your way through or what isolated Canadian village you took your correspondance courses from, but it's pretty obvious that people's unwillingness to think about these matters is yet another non-thinking movement that has engulfed you (like partisan politics..."I'm a conservative"). Funny how the most thinking "conservatives" are willing to do regarding their politics is to come up with absurd and illogical invectives to hurl at anyone who disagrees with them.

By the way, your ID says everything about "conservatives" that needs to be said.
djsmnc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now that you recognize these things, do you have a plan to change them? Doesn't every government involve a few guys behind closed doors sipping brandy and cackling with abandon?
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Not as such... Reply with quote

I just think it's more fun to engage in idle speculation than to pretend that I can rely on the mainstream media to give me information accurate enough to allow me to choose sides. I guess you could call me "conservative" in that regard.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just think it's more fun to engage in idle speculation

I think you hit the nail on the head with that statement. You make claims without any support or evidence. You would make Dan Brown proud.
PaperTiger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: "Conservative" speculation... Reply with quote

"make claims without any support or evidence"....yeah, "conservatives" never do this? Actually, they're quite liberal with their speculation and unsupported statements.....

I have three words for you...

"weapons of mass destruction"

"no new taxes"

"no child left behind"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: