Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Londoners, will infidels be allowed to use...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dulouz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Londoners, will infidels be allowed to use... Reply with quote

the internet under Dhimi law? You are much closer to the capitol and thus should know more.
trigger123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, can't be arsed to google, what are you refering to?
dulouz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Where people of the Book live in an Islamic nation under Sharia law, they are forbidden from being considerd free and equal citizens. By Islamic law they can only liv if they submit to living as a dhimmi (second class protected citizen). Once they giv up equal rights, they are then given a number of rights by the Islamic community, such as the right to freely practice their faith in private. The people of the book had their own courts and jugdes but they could also choose to go to a Muslim qadi. The communities had local representatives, a role which was most often played by the bishop or patriarch. These were responsible for the tenure of the conditions of the contract - peace, obedience and order - between the Muslim ruler and the community. (Hourani, 1991) Dhimmis are also given additional responsibility and burdens, such as the payment of a special tax called jizyah ("skull tax"), but they are exempt from the zakat, the alms tax every Muslims has to pay. If Jews or Christians refuse to accept dhimmi status, the Quran holds that Muslims may declare war on them. Dhimmis were exempt from doing military service. "In the middle of the 19th century the 'protected minorities' were filled with dismay when it was suggested that they should share a common Ottoman nationality with the Muslims, since this would have meant liability for military service." (Gibb, 1968)

The Bobster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't know what you're talking about.
The Lemon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bobster wrote:
I still don't know what you're talking about.

This is dulouz's new debating strategy. It makes it harder to be refuted when no one understands you.

I think I see where Mith's "do any of you anti-Islamists actually have the tiniest clue about what you're talking about?" thread comes from.

We're all being trolled. No one's really this ignorant.
BigBlackEquus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, some of us prayed for England today.

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=9506
trigger123

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBlackEquus wrote:
Just so you know, some of us prayed for England today.

http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=9506

thankyou.
and many people from england will have prayed for you too.
dulouz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBlack,

Prayers are worthless. It just gives an opportunity for Muslims to do nothing special. Its just an opportunity to spend more time at the Mosque and talk about themselves again. So please stick the prayers. Meanwhile, the rest of us have to find the perps and protect ourselves.
So please stick the prayers.
On the other hand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dulouz wrote:

Quote:
BigBlack,

Prayers are worthless. It just gives an opportunity for Muslims to do nothing special. Its just an opportunity to spend more time at the Mosque and talk about themselves again. So please stick the prayers. Meanwhile, the rest of us have to find the perps and protect ourselves.
So please stick the prayers.

The Lemon accurately observed:

Quote:
We're all being trolled.

I personally think that Lemon's comment is about as much response as a typical Dulouz post warrants anymore.
dulouz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dhimmi code is a body of law in Islam that dictates what infidels can do in daily life. What kind of public service they can perform, what kind of school they can attend and what kind of job they can attend. I can make a sarcastic comment about this being th future of London and I can make an nonsarcatic comment. The latter would not be unrealisitic. Planning for the life of one's children requires requires long term thought.

My later post concerned the value of prayer. I know there are articles about the psycological aspects but what is the material value and what are the political capital values of prayer?

Does prayer have any material value? No, it doesn't. I can't write a nice prayer and send it along with my gas bill. Why should I be appreciative?
It's really a gesture of indulgence.

If Red Ken urged tolerance toward Muslims and then said, see they prayed for you, would I be beholden to some manner of indebtedness for the act?
bigverne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article

"These attacks were barbaric and committed by people who don't belong to any religion. This cannot be done in the name of God."

This is obviously false, and as long as the muslim community continues to bury its head in the sand over the real problem of fanatics within its midst, this problem is unlikely to be addressed.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Planning for the life of one's children requires requires long term thought.

Over and over again I've said repeatedly that avoiding redundancy only requires short term thought.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya-ta Boy wrote:

Over and over again I've said repeatedly that avoiding redundancy only requires short term thought.

Post of the week! Laughing
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigverne wrote:
From the article

"These attacks were barbaric and committed by people who don't belong to any religion. This cannot be done in the name of God."

This is obviously false, and as long as the muslim community continues to bury its head in the sand over the real problem of fanatics within its midst, this problem is unlikely to be addressed.

so what exactly do you think they should do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: