Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cheap ferries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ronaldclaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:00 am    Post subject: Cheap ferries Reply with quote

Hello all just a quick question, I am going to South Korea to find a job in January but before that i am going to South East Asia for 4 months, I have bought my ticket but as it is for more than a year I could not buy a return so I have only a single, I have been told i will not be allowed a visa if I do not have a ticket for an onward trip away from Korea, Ive decided the best way around this is to get a cheap one way ferry to Japan or China. Which is the cheapest, easiest to get and one that is available to buy from out side Korea? Thanks.
ed4444

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend booking an onward ticket through a travel agent. the policy in Korea is to offer a full refund for cancellation of travel as long as a decent amount of notice is given.

You probably would have no problem about not having an onward ticket. My friends arrived without one (albeit by air) and had no problem. Just tell the immigration you are taking the ferry onwards and give them the travel details without showing a ticket.
Ronaldclaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want to risk turning up and then them turning me away! My friend lives in Japan so i could get him to buy me a ticket from Korea, or would that not be possible?
ed4444

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a little difficult to buy tickets leaving Korea from abroad.

That rule also exists for Thailand. Officially you cannot enter Thailand on a one way ticket or you could be refused a tourist stamp and turned away.

People are doing it everyday though without problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: