Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Backpacking trails????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rodan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:40 am    Post subject: Backpacking trails???? Reply with quote

hey
I've got a week of holidays coming up and I just wanted to disappear in the mountains for a while. Anyone know of any 3, 4, 5, or 6 day hikes anywhere in Korea that would be a good escape from the the screaming kids and feces stench I have to put up with everyday?
thanks to anyone who takes the time to reply.
rb
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Sarak Mountain National Park. I was there last weekend and it was really nice. It was a bit crowed though.
kylehawkins2000

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out this website for info on all National Parks in Korea. The info is in english. I was thinking about doing some hiking/camping during vacation time but seeing as half of the country has the same week off I'm thinking the crowds are going to be pretty nasty.

http://www.npa.or.kr/eng/parks/parks_main.asp
captain kirk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chirisan down near kwangju was great. it's a mountain park. keep an eye out for old, abandoned village/farming sites. there are trees now, instead of fields, but the terrace walls give them away. they have a bamboo grove nearby. the terrace walls forming planting plateaus. these terrace walls are made by cutting and piling stones, some of which are huge. fresh cold streams to drink out of. just following the streams is cool, for a diversion. as no-one ever does, and it's unexplored. the knto headquarters office at chongaak, near kwangwahmun. they can help you (korean national tourist organization).
indytrucks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with Capt. Kirk; Chirisan is without a doubt THE BEST mountain park in Korea. You can get lost in there for days, usually without seeing a soul if you stay on less-beaten paths.

Taean National Park on the west coast, Chungchongnam-do, also allows you to hike for a few days, from beach to beach. Again, check out the National Parks website for more details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: