Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Afghan Massacre: Convoy of Death
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wrench

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm If I remember my history correctly the Americans didn't commit genocide on native north Americans. On the other hand I believe that Canadians did commit genocide by wiping out all of the north Americans Indians in the New foundland (Beothucks tribe). Oh can't forget the residential schools that were implemented in Canada, they were so efficient at demoralizing and at wiping out the natives that German scientists and doctors in WW2 employed the same methods.

Americans might have been loud and flamboyant about their conquest of north American natives but Canadians did it silently and ruthlessly and on top they covered it up....

Makes you proud to be a Canadian.

igotthisguitar before you throw any more accusations at the Americans maybe you should read about the atrocities that Canadians committed.
igotthisguitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrench wrote:
igotthisguitar before you throw any more accusations at the Americans maybe you should read about the atrocities that Canadians committed.
Joo ... err ... i mean Wrench. My comparing the US treatment of Afghanis to the US treatment of its Indians stands. Which is worse i can't say. We'll leave your active imagination to that one.

While AmeriKa inflicted a genocide on these people ( they were in the way of a larger plan & thereby had to be "dealt with" ), Canada's government tended more to treat them in a paternalistic fashion. i.e. After they'd finished infecting them with enough small pox contaminated blankets, they pursued a policy of corralling them together "for their own good" onto gov't run reservations.

You see remants of this today, as in Canada many more tend to smoke the peace pipe than to commit acts of mindless bloodshed.

"Time to get down off yur high horse there cowboy."
igotthisguitar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrench wrote:
Joo ... err ... i mean Wrench. My comparing the US treatment of Afghanis to the US treatment of its Indians stands. Which is really worse i can't say. We'll leave any decisons on this to your highly active imagination.

While AmeriKa inflicted a genocide on these people ( they were in the way of a larger plan & thereby had to be "dealt with" ), Canada's government tended more to treat them in a paternalistic fashion. i.e. After they'd finished infecting them with enough small pox contaminated blankets, they pursued a policy of corralling them together "for their own good" onto gov't run reservations.

You see remants of this today, as in Canada many more tend to smoke the peace pipe than to commit acts of mindless bloodshed.

Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

igotthisguitar wrote:
Wrench wrote:
Joo ... err ... i mean Wrench. My comparing the US treatment of Afghanis to the US treatment of its Indians stands. Which is really worse i can't say. We'll leave any decisons on this to your highly active imagination.

IGOTTHISGUITAR aks Charles Manson

Calls the US AmericKa, but he is a fan of the holocaust denier like Micheal Rivero and Jeff Rense.

And he likes Zundal.

Jeff Rense is supporter of Terrorists and a fascist bigot just like his supporters.

Quote:
mean Wrench. My comparing the US treatment of Afghanis to the US treatment of its Indians stands. Which is really worse i can't say. We'll leave any decisons on this to your highly active imagination.

Wow the US war against the Taliban is just like the US murder of the indians. Rolling Eyes

What a sick way to make use the suffering that native Americans went through.

But as I said Jeff Rense following 9-11 conspiracy theorists will sink to any level and say anything to futher their fascist agenda.

Case closed.
Wrench

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

igotthisguitar wrote:
Wrench wrote:

I think you have been smoking the peace pipe to much because you obviously have never been to Edmonton where a gang of Indians tortured a man for over 4 hours then they killed him with an axe. I don't know about you but that seems like mindless bloodshed to me. I think you need to get some facts straight about Canada or you just have been absent from there for far to long.
igotthisguitar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrench wrote:
... you obviously have never been to Edmonton where a gang of Indians tortured a man for over 4 hours then they killed him with an axe. I don't know about you but that seems like mindless bloodshed to me. I think you need to get some facts straight about Canada or you just have been absent from there for far to long.

Joo ... i have no idea what you point is here other than to try as you're paid to do & derail this discussion.

Botom line remains, those US "Special" Forces, either acting on their own volition OR on a superior's command sadistically tortured & murdered 3,000 unarmed Afghan soldiers.

Even the "good" guys sometimes need to to be held accountable for their WAR CRIMES.
Wrench

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

igotthisguitar wrote:
Wrench wrote:
... you obviously have never been to Edmonton where a gang of Indians tortured a man for over 4 hours then they killed him with an axe. I don't know about you but that seems like mindless bloodshed to me. I think you need to get some facts straight about Canada or you just have been absent from there for far to long.

Joo ... i have no idea what you point is here other than to try as you're paid to do & derail this discussion.

Botom line remains, those US "Special" Forces, either acting on their own volition OR on a superior's command sadistically tortured & murdered 3,000 unarmed Afghan soldiers.

Even the "good" guys sometimes need to to be held accountable for their WAR CRIMES.

Wah cry me a river they got what they deserved. It also mentioned that northern alliance was part of this so lets not just blame the americans for this alleged crime.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Better than your agenda of misinformation disinformation and subversive fascist propagada.

Your ilk lost a war 60 years ago, They ought not be allowed to come back.

Quote:

How do you know?

Furthermore the US hasn't behaved worse than other naitons during war.

And just remember that the war the Taliban and their supporters was illegitmate, and fighting against the Taliban saves lives not only in the US but also in Afghanistan.

Last edited by Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee on Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is something fundamentally wrong here. You are assuming the "US media" (which of course is 1 unified body) would trip all over itself to defend the US military and the Pentagon.

Riiiiiight. Or more than likely, they won't publish stories that can't be confirmed true, and are suspicious about this little movie.
igotthisguitar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wrench wrote:
igotthisguitar wrote:

Wah cry me a river they got what they deserved. It also mentioned that northern alliance was part of this so lets not just blame the americans for this alleged crime.

Guess it hasn't dawned on you that one of the reasons the world has the Geneva Convention, & nations are expected to abide by it is that so WE ( the good guys ) can expect the SAME sort of treatment when OUR men & women in uniform are captured as POWs. We treat their people fairly & there's more of a chance they'll reciprocate. We treat their people with contempt & an ig-NOBLE brutality, and ... well ... monkey see / monkey do.

IS that the policy you'd like the Afghanis etc. to abide by when they capture the next bunch of US military people ??? "W-aaaaaahhhhh ... too bad ... unarmed or not ... it's only fair that ( just like your side has done ) we make you suffer & squirm through the last pitiful few hours or days of your life.

Tough luck Mr. GI Joe, even though we wish we didn't have to do this. You seem like a nice enough person & all but, your guys have for some time now shown a history of utter disregard for the UN convention, so why should we stick to it ???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=afghan+massacre+us+special+forces&spell=1

Cry me a river.
Wrench

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They already torture and kill civilians and soldiers, Afghanies, Iraqi insurgents don't follow the geneva convention why in the world would the americans do the same? Eye for an eye.
Joo Rip Gwa Rhhee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[size=9]Guess it hasn't dawned on you that one of the reasons the world has the Geneva Convention, & nations are expected to abide by it is that so WE ( the good guys ) can expect the SAME sort of treatment when OUR men & women in uniform are captured as POWs. We treat their people fairly & there's more of a chance they'll reciprocate. We treat their people with contempt & an ig-NOBLE brutality, and ... well ... monkey see / monkey do.

IS that the policy you'd like the Afghanis etc. to abide by when they capture the next bunch of US military people ??? "W-aaaaaahhhhh ... too bad ... unarmed or not ... it's only fair that ( just like your side has done ) we make you suffer & squirm through the last pitiful few hours or days of your life.

Tough luck Mr. GI Joe, even though we wish we didn't have to do this. You seem like a nice enough person & all but, your guys have for some time now shown a history of utter disregard for the UN convention, so why should we stick to it ???

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=afghan+massacre+us+special+forces&spell=1

Cry me a river.[/size
]

The Northern alliance did it.

Quote:

Witnesses say that when the trucks arrived and soldiers opened the containers, most of the people inside were dead. They also say US Special Forces re-directed the containers carrying the living and dead into the desert and stood by as survivors were shot and buried. Now, up to three thousand bodies lie buried in a mass grave.

even if it happened

US didn't do it. The Northern alliance did it.

and just cause some of whackos put stuff up that can be found w/ a google search doesn't mean much.
igotthisguitar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British Trio Charged With War Crimes
Another four soldiers face manslaughter charges

SPECIAL REPORT
Tuesday, July 19, 2005 Posted: 2215 GMT (0615 HKT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Three British soldiers face war crimes charges in connection with the 2003 death of an Iraqi prisoner, while their former battalion commander and two intelligence officers have been charged with negligence, the UK government announced Tuesday.

Another four soldiers face manslaughter charges in the drowning of a second Iraqi, Attorney General Peter Goldsmith told Parliament.

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/19/britain.iraq/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: