Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Outline maps where?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skookum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Outline maps where? Reply with quote

Anyone know where to get online (or in the flesh if that's all that available) outline maps of Korea or parts thereof - showing subdivisions (provinces, shis, guns, even myeons and eups if they make them that way...)

(These would be maps without all the other detail, just the borders.)
krats1976

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found plenty of outline maps of Korea by googling "outline map Korea"... unfortunately, I can't find any that show provinces (but then, I didn't looke beyond the first page of results Wink ).

In case anyone is wondering, my favorite site for outline maps is http://www.nationalgeographic.com/xpeditions/atlas/.
NearlyKorean

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a map that only shows the providences and major cities. It is four years old, shows Busan as Pusan, ect.

Click Here for the Map
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
skookum

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NearlyKorean wrote:
Here is a map that only shows the providences and major cities. It is four years old, shows Busan as Pusan, etc.

Click Here for the Map

I suppose I would hafta find a Korean-language site, to have a map showing local borders.....

Interesting that the above map (from the UT site) shows the OLD provincial borders in North Korea. Even the ROK-made atlases and maps show the current prov. borders as designated by the DPRK. And though they don't show Paeng-nyeon-do (the ROK-owned island way west down the North Korean coast, they do show Tok-do much larger than life. Goes to show who the real enemy is......
3baekwon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: maps Reply with quote

We got ours from the local library. We just photocopied the pages and then taped them together. It has everything on it! I don't know how far you are from a library, but it's worth looking into.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: