Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Visa Extension needed but office closed on Saturdays

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Number22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Visa Extension needed but office closed on Saturdays Reply with quote

HELP! What can I do?
I'm working a summer camp in Suwon (legally added to my visa) my visa expires on Aug. 8th. I need an extension for both this camp in Suwon, and my E7 visa (which is for a company in Seoul where I live and work).

So, now the offices in Mokdong are closed every Saturday (I called and confirmed this) and I don't finish work until 4 everyday.

I need to get to Mokdong somehow before it closes. What are the hours? Is it really not possible to process the extension at the Suwon office? What can I do?
Grotto

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take an afternoon off, if you have to do it, you have to do it! What other choice do you have?
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought the simplest thing to do would be to ask your boss for time to go during the day, pointing out that no visa equals no Englishy teachy for him/her.
astroboyfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman wrote:
I would have thought the simplest thing to do would be to ask your boss for time to go during the day, pointing out that no visa equals no Englishy teachy for him/her.

Who said he was an english teacher Rolling Eyes
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astroboyfan wrote:

Who said Number22 was a he?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
astroboyfan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astroboyfan wrote:

His email address is [email protected] (taken from another post), I dont know many girls named rob Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

astroboyfan wrote:
astroboyfan wrote:

His email address is [email protected] (taken from another post), I dont know many girls named rob Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You actually looked up his posting history?

Hahahahaha Laughing
Number22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm teaching English at the moment but that is not my regular job. And I am a "He" although my name is not rob.

The big problem is that the visa extension I need is not for the company I'm working for at the moment. I need an extension on my regular visa (not this summer E2 'add on'). Thus, it's a sticky situation to ask for time off.

Anyone know if it is possilbe to go to the Suwon branch in such a case?
ajuma

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, the immigration office at Incheon airport is open every day. Could you go there? You might want to have your boss (or a Korean friend) call to verify that you can do that there.
Number22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the office at INC airport handles that sort of thing at all. Incheon is much farther away than Mokdong anyway. I suppose I could go on a Saturday. Can I go to an immigration office outside of the area where I work though? If so I can just go to the office in Suwon and there is no problem, no need to go to INC or Mokdong.
pegpig

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't need one of these

to see that you're going to have a sick day in the upcoming week. You'll probably be sick in the morning, but by the afternoon you should be feeling better if the paperwork...er the medicine kicks in quickly.

Reread your post. It sounds like this is your last week of your contract. If your boss is a nice guy you might just try asking him nicely. You could reimburse him for the time missed and try to go when you'll miss the least amount of time.

If he's not a nice guy, you're sick. In that case you may as well get hammered the night before so that you actually do look sick the next day. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: