Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good travel agents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ella Bella

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:30 am    Post subject: Good travel agents. Reply with quote

Can anyone recommend a good travel agent in Seoul? I want to take a trip to Thailand in May. Any info helpful, thanks Ella x
meatball

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Her name is Marie and her english is really good. Actually planning a trip to Thailand as well and she's helped me a lot....The travel agency is Minyoung Travel Agency and they are located in Seoul--but will ship your trip to you. She did a really great job with our last vacation to Canada--good luck:) Her email is...

[email protected]
profjan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: travel agency in Korea Reply with quote

I have used Unique Travel in Itaewon for 6 years. Their English is excellent as well as their service. Tel. number is: 02-792-0606. Ask for Miss Kim or Miss Oh (the manager). You can arrange for your trip, deposit the money in their bank account and they will send you the tickets if you wish. I trust them and have NEVER been disappointed!
Lost Seoul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: Travel Agents Reply with quote

Here is a good travel agent in Seoul. They are located in the YMCA building just outside Jonggak subway station. I have forgotten which exit you take but if you ring them up they will tell you.

STA Travel
110-122 YMCA Building
Room 505
9 Chongno 2-KA
Chongno-KU
SEOUL
Tel: +886 (0)2 733 9494
Fax: +886 (0)2 732 9568
kermo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: travel agency in Korea Reply with quote

profjan wrote:
I have used Unique Travel in Itaewon for 6 years. Their English is excellent as well as their service. Tel. number is: 02-792-0606. Ask for Miss Kim or Miss Oh (the manager). You can arrange for your trip, deposit the money in their bank account and they will send you the tickets if you wish. I trust them and have NEVER been disappointed!

I used this on your recommendation, but I found that the agent was pretty careless (didn't let me know when I was off the waiting list, forgot to reply to e-mails) and not very polite. It got the job done, but I wouldn't use this service again.
JongnoGuru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: travel agency in Korea Reply with quote

kermo wrote:
profjan wrote:

I used this on your recommendation, but I found that the agent was pretty careless (didn't let me know when I was off the waiting list, forgot to reply to e-mails) and not very polite. It got the job done, but I wouldn't use this service again.

So what you're saying is, they're not so 'unique' after all?
slap it

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: travel agent Reply with quote

i started using xanadu travel in itaewon a while back when i first arrived in korea because the school i was working at used them. i still use them now. they're honest and reliable, and the rates seem the same pretty much everywhere.
02-795-7771
coffeeman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Xanadu Reply with quote

I'll vouch for Xanadu. I have been using them pretty much exclusively in the past year. They've given me good service.

Anytime you're considering buying an airplane ticket, you should also have a look at Asiana Airline's site. They often have "internet only" specials. I saved 100,000 won off of a ticket to Tokyo once.
CabbageTownRoyals

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 2 years I've booked through Sancho at ShinWha Travel. All my experiences with him have been positive and he is far more helpful than anyone else I've dealt with in Korea. I've booked through him about 5 times now and each time was really satisfied. He's just opened a new shop and here are his details. Ah, actually I just talked to him and he said he doesn't mind chatting to his customers via gmail/hotmail chat, much easier for people that can't make it to his office, or only have pay-per-minute cellphones.....
His name is Sancho (yes, he's Korean but speaks English and has a Spanish name)

*Company : Shin Wha Travel Service Co., Ltd.
*Office phone : 02 - 773 - 5091
*Fax number : 02 - 754 - 3201

yonghunkw(at)gmail.com
kyh0112(at)hotmail.com
dcrespin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is a good place to find a rountrip ticket to America?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: