Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hwajeong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krats1976

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:26 pm    Post subject: Hwajeong Reply with quote

I really wasn't sure whether to post this here or on the job page, so if it gets moved... oh well. Smile

I have a possible contract in Hwajeong. I really wanted to be in Seoul, but I'm considering this one. Is this a good place? Especially if I wanted to go into Seoul on a regular basis?

I'd really appreciate any insight you all can give me.

Thanks!
sid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my mates is living there, it's a new suburb/satellite town and seems like a decent place to live. There is a good 'foreigner' bar with quiz nights, live music and stuff, they also run weekend trips. Have a look: www.adventurekorea.com

Central Seoul is about 45 minutes away on the subway, even better there is a bus to Shinchon/Hongdae area which only takes 30 minutes. Taxi fare back may do some damage if you're by yourself, but they seemed like a decent crowd there so I'm sure you'll find some friends to travel with.

PM me if you want my mate's email as he could tell you a lot more..

S
gatohorrible

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hwajong 's like anywhere in Korea ..big shopping malls and tower blocks..technically it s about 10 minutes from Seoul city boundary , but like Sid said only takes 30 mins to Shinchon and all that scene. Unless you need to be in Kangnam, want to hang around Apkujeong etc., it 's not that bad a place, easy to get to Pukhansan too, and have some fresh ( ish ) air.
NiCo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived and worked in Hwajeong for 6 months or more.. if you like you can e-mail me with any particular questions you have. I am sure I can help you out in some way.

[email protected]
krats1976

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the replies everybody. They really helped!
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point of living in downtown Seoul? The suburbs have more affluent people who are more educated. There is less traffic and pollution. The suburbs, (Hwajang, Illsan, Bundang, etc.) have just as much to offer. What is in Seoul other than the museums, that needs to been seen every day?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: