Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Importance of My Alien Registration Card???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynnlar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: The Importance of My Alien Registration Card??? Reply with quote

HI
I'M LEAVING KOREA in about 6 weeks and I just lost my registration card. I pretty much work during Immigration's hours of operation so getting down there to get a new one is kind of a hassel. I'm wondering if i really need another one since I'm leaving soon. Will I need to show my card at the airport when I leave or will my passport be ok by itself?? Have any of you left Korea and been asked for your card at the airport?

Thanks
Lynnlar
Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will get fined 100,000 won without it
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or perhaps if you bring a case of soju or a couple nice bottles of whiskey accompanied with a bulky envelope you'll be ok as well Wink
justagirl

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to have it. My friend was leaving and gave his to his girlfriend right before he walked through the "security area." Thought she might like a momento or picture of him or something...Ended up holding the plane for him because he had to call his girl and have her come back to the airport with it. They wouldn't let him get on the plane!

I don't know about the $100,000 cause he didn't say anything about that, and it was about 2 years ago.

Best bet--go get a new one, or ask your boss to have the secretary do it for you (if your school does that sort of thing).

Or, just let your boss know you will have to go get a new one and you might miss a class or two!
Soju erner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was here in Korea studying at Yonsei back in 1999. I actually left with my ARC during the winter break as I thought I would be returning. Turns out I had to stay for personal reasons. I'm not sure if I was asked for it or not, but I had it back in the States. I did have a student visa with a multiple re-entry stamp, so maybe they didn't suspect me at the time. I'm not sure if it's different for E-2 visa holders who are at the end of your term. Also do you have a multiple re-entry stamp or not? Maybe it won't matter, but you never know. Good luck whatever you decide, prudent thing is to get a new one, judging from the other posts. Cheers

SE
gang ah jee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you do have to turn it in when you finish the e-2 visa period. I got caught out leaving in my first year and spent a very panicked hour trying to push through crowds of Russians to pay the fine (W100,000) and get exit approval.

go to immigration and get your card replaced asap.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: