Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Multiple Entry Visa at Airport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brento1138

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Getting Multiple Entry Visa at Airport Reply with quote

Is it OK to get your multiple entry visa AT the airport, just before your flight? Is it a lengthly, time consuming process? Or is it relatively simple?

Is it a bad idea to wait just before your flight?
Draven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they do multiple re-entry permits at the airport. They told me to get a multiple re-entry permit I had to go to the local issuing office.

Single re-entry permits at the airport, though, no problem. I've done that a couple of times and it's taken about 10-15 minutes.
Wangja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draven's 100% right: no multi-entries at airport, only a single.
peppermint

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, singles only, but the service is generally fast, and if you let the staff know that your flight will be leaving soon, they will let you skip the line, if there is one.
brento1138

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. As usual, the Dave's ESL crowd does good again. Thanks for the quick answers! Cool
excitinghead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a new passport but forgot to get a reentry permit then, and got a bit scared 2 hours before a flight to my best friend's wedding in Taiwan when the women at the counter at Incheon said I had to go to a special room to get one (it's close to the doors you walk through to get bags scanned that non-travellers can't go through). When I got in it looked a bit chaotic, and clearly some less white people than me where having a hard time of it and that made me feel like crap, but I had what I wanted within half an hour. Of course, my Korean wife doing it all for me may have had something to do with that Very Happy

Still, you can definately get multiple re-entry permits there because I did, I've even got my passport in front of me to check Confused . I don't think it's got anything to do with my wife, I just asked and she confirmed that she's great and everyone does indeed love her, but she didn't need to sweettalk them or anything. But regardless, I had my wife doing it for me and Incheon wasn't too busy at the time I guess, but it could take a lot longer and a lot more shoving and miscommunication for anyone else. I'd recommend doing it at immigration in advance.

P.S. Come to think of it, unfortunately what's legal and possible in Korean bureacracy depends entirely on who you deal with and the kind of day they're having, so that may be why I was lucky and the other posters weren't.
peppermint

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just because you sat back and let wifey do everything, doesn't mean it's complicated.

1. grab form that's near the door and fill it out.
2. get in line
3, hand over passport and 30,000W with form.
4. wait five minutes and get it back
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: