Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bereavement Airfare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4 months left

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Bereavement Airfare Reply with quote

Might have to go back for awhile. Anyone ever get this before? Any advice?
Ekuboko

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't had to do it for international, just once for domestic flight, and also being in Korea, it is perhaps best to contact the airlines directly regarding this.
The airline/travel agent will request a letter from the doctor or a copy of death certificate as proof, I believe.

When I did it, I went to the travel agent, got the compassionate fare, flew, asked the doctor concerned for a letter, had the funeral etc, flew back and took the letter to the travel agent.
teachmeenglish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No information for you, but hope for you that everythign works out the best it can in all ways. These issues can be heartbreaking from such a long way away.
4 months left

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your thoughts. The operation seemed to go okay so maybe everything will be alright. For those who might find themselves in this situation that you can get bereavement airfare for a serious operation also.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 months left wrote:
Thanks for your thoughts. The operation seemed to go okay so maybe everything will be alright. For those who might find themselves in this situation that you can get bereavement airfare for a serious operation also.

Could you please post details about which airline, who to contact, the amount of discount, what you need, etc. I think many would like to get this information.

Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
4 months left

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
4 months left wrote:

Could you please post details about which airline, who to contact, the amount of discount, what you need, etc. I think many would like to get this information.

Thanks in advance.

I just did a search for "bereavement airfare" you have to contact each airline individually. I did read that sometimes the discounted "full fare." is sometimes more expensive than a "discounted fare."
Try starting here www.bereavementair.com
mindmetoo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Months Left has to be the best ESL handle... right up there with Tiberius Aka Sparkles.
4 months left

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindmetoo wrote:
4 Months Left has to be the best ESL handle... right up there with Tiberius Aka Sparkles.

Unfortunately I made that up last time in Korea. Came back only for $$$. I'm hoping it is only about 8 months left now this time. Too lazy to change it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Travel Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: