Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bundang or Kangnam to live in?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quercus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Bundang or Kangnam to live in? Reply with quote

Hello, looking for opinions on which town to reside in. I have two offers, one in Bundang at a brand new school with good hours and good pay. I also have another in Kangnam with similar hours at an established school, but lower pay, 2.1. So assuming there isnt a huge difference in job positions, which place would you prefer to live? Thanks.
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why take less pay and live in a more expensive area. You'd get a better room in Bundang. Live in Bundang and go to Kangnam to party if you need to. Bundang has everything. I have lived in both places.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Derrek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Where Reply with quote

Which school are you pondering in Bundang? We will be neighbors.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it comes down to a choice between Bundang or Kangnam, I'd check out the school first- it won't matter whether you're in Bundang or Kangnam if the school is terrible.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you want? how can we really comment if we have no idea what things you're into?

Think, Kangnam=urban as it gets. Bundang=nice surburbia Korean style.

And what is the pay difference? If it is 2.3+ vs. 2.1, take the 2.3+ million won job if everything else is the same.
quercus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i am looking for is a "less" polluted neighborhood, near fun places in seoul, where i will make good money. preferably a newer place with a nice pad where i can enjoy being home and playing instruments, drawing or reading without the smell of mould, a metal dump (like my last place), the moans of coffee girls on hte job, etc. a nice area with open spaces, and preferably having or close to a place where i can take pottery lessons a few hours a day 3 or 4 days a week. that is what i am looking for in addition to working 6 hours a day total adn making atleast 2.2 which is what i have been offered in bundang.
i havent been to either place and am looking for reasons why people like one over hte other or if there are any hidden secrets i dont know about that may make me really want to live in one place over the other.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:

Think, Kangnam=urban as it gets.

Not neccessarily- Kangnam is quite large and the southern dongs are nestled right up against the hills- not much difference between Ilwon2dong or Gaepo dong and Bundang.

I've worked in both places and stand by my initial post- find a good school and quit worrying about seeking an ideal location. Not much point to living in Xanadu if you work in Hell.
eamo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not much point to living in Xanadu if you work in Hell

Very good advice.

There's a better chance of a nice apartment in Bundang. Also the schools there have a reputation for better-than-average conditions. e.g. big classrooms, good facilities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: