Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.1 million won??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saxiif

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, that's what I deserve I guess. I'm a sucker for mountains (even small ones) and I think I'd go a bit nuts living in the Seoul area.
ed1980

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: excuse my ignorance but.. Reply with quote

who are EPIK then?
Anda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

Um, EPIK is a program to place foreigners into Korean schools to assist with English teaching.

http://epik.knue.ac.kr/

Saxiif it is hard to get away from mountains here. Usually but you need a car or something to get to them easily. I actually hike up rocky valleys most days. You can pick up a cheap car for something like 500,000 won.
ed1980

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: cheers Reply with quote

I had a look at that Anda,

basically it is no use to novices like me though i guess?

will bear it in mind though in a couple of years time

cheers anyway
raytownloc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't heard of anything "great" about the Haeundae Pagoda branch and if your coming to enjoy Korea, I'm positive you're not going to have alot of time doing this with split shifts unless you can survive on quick naps and only need 3 hours at night. Fact is, split shift absolutely SUCK. I would rather have a job offering me 2.0 with no split than 2.5 with split considering you can do privates and make over 3.0 at the end of the month.

Morning Calm and RichinKorea, thanks for the advice I have decided to go with 2.1 for 3:30-9:30pm schedule. I am sending my docs tommorrow and should be in Korea within a month! I am pretty confident that I made the right decision.

At what time of day do most people teach privates? What time do students get out?
Moldy Rutabaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Haeundae Reply with quote

>I was recently offered a job from a big language institute (one of the shirt and tie type places), they are opening a new branch in Haeundae. The salary is 2.5 million, housing provided, Im expected to teach 120 (40 min) classes a month and split shifts. They said it is guaranteed money, whether or not I actually end up teaching that many classes.

I'm jealous. Haeundae in Busan is a beautiful area, with a nice beach and about as good a club/international restaurant scene as it gets in Busan (this isn't saying much). This is also good money for Busan, which is a little cheaper to live in than Seoul. Take it, take it, take it.

Split shifts aren't for everyone. You need to get up early and stay up until late in the evening. But I got used to taking a long siesta every afternoon and now I rather like it. And I'll take teaching pretty adult women over rotten kids any day. But that's just me.:>

Ken http://keneckert.byus.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: