Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, what's next?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K-in-C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: So, what's next? Reply with quote

Hi, all,

I'm not sure what I am expecting from posting this message but here it goes. I have signed on with a school and sent all the necessary documents out a couple of weeks ago, except one, and that was the scanned passport info page. I realized that I had forgotten to send it with the courier so I emailed the director and told her that if it was needed I would scan aand send it right away, which I did. Now, a week later, I am told that they need me to scan and send my drivers licence so I can prove my middle name.

My passport has my middle name on it, my official degree has an 'M', after Kate, and my sealed transcript has the initial 'M'on it also so I am
confused.

I don't have a problem with scanning and sending my drivers licence, however I did not change over to an Ontario licence when I moved back from BC because I could not afford car and it has since expired. I'm stressing that this may be another issue too. Has anyone had the same issue come up?

Feeling low,

Kate~still in Canada
whatthefunk

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry. Maybe they're not sure if your middle name is 'M' or the full name. Get used to it though...ive been here 8 months and im still confused.
yodanole

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scan whatever you got. Like they're gonna know the difference!
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:33 pm    Post subject: Welcome to.. Reply with quote

If you think you are confused now,sitting in Canada,wait until you actually get here and have lived here for awhile.That thing with the middle initial that you mentioned will seem like nothing at all. Rolling Eyes
K-in-C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Seoul for just under six months last year. How easy we forget. Laughing

Cheers,

KinC
K-in-C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: No worries Reply with quote

It's all good. Very Happy

Immigration is immigration. Wink

Toot a loo,

KinC
inspector gadget

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kate,

I can relate with your situation somewhat. I too forwarded my documents a few weeks ago and have had difficulties with the middle name and initials. Here is what happened; my Canadian passport has my full name, first middle and last on it; my degree and transcript had only my first name, middle initial and last name. Immigration said they needed a letter from my uny stating my full name (not middle initial) graduated with .......

So I had to send the letter to SK before immigration would issue a visa slip for me, not such a big hassle because the school is paying for the fedex bill but frustrating none the less.

I understand that in many asian countries often times a persons name is simply an initial therefore some uncertaintly may exist with immigration in that regard. Also those expats that try to pass fake degrees may have something to do with the issue.

Kate, I read on another one of your posts that you are going to be in Changwon, I will be in Jinhae just to the south. When are departing?
K-in-C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Do da do da do inspector gadget... Reply with quote

Yup, exact same scenerio.

Thanks!

I should be on the KAL redeye this time in three weeks. Very Happy

Good luck,

KinC
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Speaking of Redeye... Reply with quote

Boy, I could use a shot right now...and I'm not talking about orange juice, either.
Good luck,Kate.However, I do not think they will let you take your very dangerous looking avatar on the plane.What is that...a ballistic turtle? Smile
K-in-C

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He he Laughing It's me, ready to take flight. My nick name is turtle because I like to take things slow. Smile If you find the thread on avatars you will learn how I came to have the name turtle.

All the best,

KinC

AKA Turtle Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
K-in-C

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: So, what's next? Reply with quote

[quote="Kate in Canada"]Hi, all,

I'm not sure what I am expecting from posting this message but here it goes. I have signed on with a school and sent all the necessary documents out a couple of weeks ago, except one, and that was the scanned passport info page. I realized that I had forgotten to send it with the courier so I emailed the director and told her that if it was needed I would scan aand send it right away, which I did. Now, a week later, I am told that they need me to scan and send my drivers licence so I can prove my middle name.

My passport has my middle name on it, my official degree has an 'M', after Kate, and my sealed transcript has the initial 'M'on it also so I am
confused.

So, this issue was dealt with and things seem to be on a roll but I've been wondering why this issue would have even come up since I was in the ROK last year and my passport info and my prior E-2 Visa info should be in a central data bank, should it not?

Just wondering,

KinC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: