Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

t-shirts with Korean writing, anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toomuchtime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: t-shirts with Korean writing, anyone? Reply with quote

Hi, everyone.
My name is Tom, and I��ve been living here in Korea for many years now. As a foreigner interested in finding unique souvenirs to send back to family and friends, I have always been frustrated by the scarcity of items with Hangul on them (esp. t-shirts). This is why I decided to take matters into my own hands and produce shirts that some of you may be interested in- either for gifts, or for yourselves.
On the front of two shirts is the logo ��HIS101,�� on the back of one is a famous quote of Mahatma Gandhi: ��The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated,�� and on the back of the other shirt is the same quote in Hangul (�� ������ �����԰� ������ ������ ������ ����ϴ� ������ ���� �Ǵܵȴ�).
The English shirt was designed for anyone who loves animals and wants to make that point to others. The Korean one was designed for the same purpose, but directed at a local audience.
My third shirt has the logo ��KOR101�� on the front and has a tried and true souvenir-shirt expression on the back: ���� ģ���� �ѱ����� ������ ���̶���� �� �α��� Ƽ�������̴�.�� You read it right, ��My friend went to Korea and all he got me was this crappy t-shirt�� (a bit of a paraphrase). I know it��s cheesy, but I thought it would make a fun gift for the folks back home who can��t read it anyhow.
If you are interested in buying any of these shirts, they are available in three sizes: 110, 100, 95, or roughly XL, L, and M. My selling price (for those of you in Korea) is W20,000, and I will have them delivered to you by courier- which is fast and cheap (approx. W2,500, in one or two days).
Unfortunately, I am a bit technologically-impaired, so I don��t have a Paypal account established yet, but, as I said, if you are in Korea, you can simply transfer the price of the shirt into my bank account, and I will send the shirt off ASAP.
Here is the email address that you can send questions or orders to: [email protected] . If you are interested, send me a letter and I will answer any questions you might have, and will provide you with the name and bank account information.
Or, if you live in Seoul, I would be happy to arrange a time and place to meet in person to deliver you your shirt (preferably somewhere downtown, or near KKU or Jamsil).
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and I hope you like my ideas and designs.
(sorry for the bad quality of some of the pictures)

Last edited by toomuchtime on Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
wuzza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea, and I wish you every success.
I've always liked the quirky designs of Japanese lettered t-shirts.

btw: I asked my Korean friend if Korean people would be offended by me wearing the Ghandi t-shirt and she thought it might start some arguments.
All the more reason to buy one.

Open discourse is another one of the signs of an advanced society....
antoniothegreat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump... i like this pm coming...
huck

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it if there was less Korean writing on the back....a couple of words look kinda cool to people who don't know what it is....a whole shirtful makes it less impressive....for some reason
antoniothegreat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you make one that says "where are the white women at?"
freebeerandchicken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like the back... the front needs revising though.
Kenny Kimchee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're on to something here. For your next design, how about a Korean version of the "looking for a Japanese girlfriend" t-shirt? It's sure to be a hit with the locals!

http://www.jbox.com/IMAGE/jfq1b

May I also suggest some absurdly grammatically incorrect Korean t-shirts, a la engrish.com? This looks like a winner:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?imagename=pleasant-time-is-lonely.jpg&category=Clothing&date=2005-08-31
toomuchtime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, everybody.
Thank you for your thoughts and input so far. Everything, positive or negative, is good.
Yeah, I considered that some locals could be offended by this shirt, but I figure it's up to them to understand why they feel that way. I mean, come on, it's not like it's a quote from G.W., it's Gandhi, for cryin' out loud.
As for the other shirts, on some of my blacker days, I imagined writing stuff in Korean like: "Didn't your mom tell you it's rude to stare?", or something along those lines, but that's just needlessly provocative. My intention in putting the Gandhi quote on the shirt in Korean is/was to make people think- not to simply make people angry.
By the way, I would love to find some good Korean philosophical quotes that I could put on the backs of some shirts, but I haven't had much luck finding anything on the internet. Any hints?

Cheers, all

TMT.
VanIslander

Location: Geoje, Hadong, Tongyeong,... now in a small coastal island town outside Gyeongsangnamdo!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"may-oon gochu jaseyo!" in hanguel
antoniothegreat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korean proverb "eat kimchi"
toomuchtime

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, again.
I want to say thank you to all of you who have expressed interest in my shirts, and to inform others that I do, in fact, have a paypal account. So if you are interested in purchasing one of my shirts, and you are also a paypal member, you can use my email address as the recipient ([email protected]). In US dollars, the price is $25- which includes the overseas shipping cost. They take about a week and a half to arrive in the US.
If you live in Korea, the cost in US dollars is W22,000.

Thanks again, everyone.

Again, if you have any ideas for a quote you'd like to see in Hangul on the back of a shirt, let me know.

Cheers,

TMT
Hater Depot

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would buy a ������ ���ѹα��Դϴ� shirt.
antoniothegreat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to say for anyone that cares, I bought a few shirts, six to be exact. they look good, nice quality, and i had no problems with sizes, money, anything... so if anyone is concerned about his trustworthiness, i had no problems.

Thanks again for the shirts...
sid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toomuchtime wrote:
By the way, I would love to find some good Korean philosophical quotes that I could put on the backs of some shirts, but I haven't had much luck finding anything on the internet. Any hints?

TMT.

Get hold of the book "How Koreans Talk", it's chock full of T-shirt-worthy proverbs, idioms etc.
JeJuJitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?op=article&article_id=890331

Change the "I'm big in Japan" to "I'm big in Korea."
There's another on that site: "I'm Here To Meet Girls" Hehe

And I'd like to wear this to my Hagwon:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: