Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is EPIK a better environment?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mosley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Adman & Mody Ba .... Reply with quote

Adman : I WAS trying to reply harshly-no doubt about it- but I'll concede that there was no need for name calling. Sorry. I would suggest that if you REALLY see a need for personal info, contact the poster by PM, and they can give it to you by PM IF THEY SO CHOOSE. Personally, I rarely see a need for that. Mody Ba: I have to disagree w/ you for once. That was kind of you to say, but,no I am NOT"one helluva teacher." I just try to do the best w/ what they give me. Experienced/trained teachers at least have a CHANCE of working through the EPIK morass. I truly do feel for the level 3s who are thrown to the lions as soon as they leave orientation.
Austin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Orientation... Reply with quote

It appears that orientation has the potential to be very gratifying indeed, as does every moment.

I wonder what kind of lessons we are going to learn...

Do the M&Ms in Korea come with or without nuts?
Anda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

Um, Dear Austin you need to go to "The Bondage/Dominance Sadism/Masochism purity test" on the Net and check if you will indeed enjoy the induction course.
Mosley

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, yes, Austin, the "M & Ms" in Korea come w/ more nuts than you could ever have in your possession, even in your wildest dreams. In any case, I hope you meet a Gulag or Holocaust survivor someday so you can lecture them on the "gratifying" moments they should have had during incarceration.
Austin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:42 am    Post subject: Not a lecture... Reply with quote

Life is suffering, so what is your point? Moreover, do you really believe that the quantity of nuts in Korea would make me feel envious? Why do you feel that you have to possess anything? What is it that makes you feel so afraid that you need to cling on to objects?

Anda, I have been through it before, it was a great experience.
Anda

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:28 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

The original induction courses prior to IMF where they had many EPIKS and a bigger budjet were better organised than what is happening these days. You are also less likely to find long term friends with such small intakes. I still have one close friend from the induction course that I took in the year prior to IMF. I had about 6 friends for a long time after meeting them at KNUE but only one is still here in Korea.

I don't like to have to say it but I feel that the induction course has nothing going for it these days and would be better replaced by say having level threes put with an experianced EPIKS for a couple of weeks at different locations. Level one and two shouldn't need this type of thing.

Last edited by Anda on Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:28 pm    Post subject: I Knew EPIK Was Desperate....but Reply with quote

It sounds from the tenor of Austin's posts that he is going EPIK and going to oreintation.If this is true,EPIK must be TRULY DESPERATE.Oh,well,Austin is a WARM BODY9if nothing) esle...so I guess he meets their qualifications....
It is also interesting that while he has apparently never been in EPIK before,he already feels qualified to spout off on all subjects.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: