Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The perfect recruiter: What?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humanuspneumos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: The perfect recruiter: What? Reply with quote

I'm perhaps cynical by nature on many accounts and yet always happy to see/be part of positive change- which brings me to my question: What is a perfect recruiter?

Assumption #1: A recruiter can find you the perfect apartment- however, that doesn't guarantee you'll be there the whole year. The recruiter doesn't have the power to tell the owner- "Don't move them- even once!"

Assumption #2: A recruiter can find you the "nice owner" - and as with all things- the nice owner doesn't always stay nice as for any human being. So- nothing can be guaranteed on this account accept for a lot of hot air.

Assumption #3: The perfect recruiter can get references from teachers at the school. However, this doesn't guarantee that some kind of gun isn't held to their head in some way when the they speak with you.

Assumption #4: The perfect recruiter will perhaps hold your hand from the airport to the school. Yet- beyond that there really isn't much they can do.

As to whether a recruiter is great or not is subjective- it depends on who is on the receiving end. Someone will benefit- either you or the employer. The question always is "Who?"

The perfect recruiter is the recruiter who tells you first these things- I have no control over very much (at very least he's/she's honest).

The pefect recruiter will find you/the employer a "middle-ground" upon which both parties agree the situation is suitable.

The perfect recruiter will give the potential employee tips on everything about Korea without fearing that they'll lose the $1,000,000 WON. Not- "Oh- it's going to B paradise!"

The perfect recruiter will do his/her best to make sure that many of the surprises are minimized- though the perfect recruiter will never say- "It's perftect!"

The perfect recruiter will encourage you to save as though you could get fired after 6 months- but- sign for the 12.

The perfect recruiter too will have immigration/the Labor Board's respect so as to insure you get a fair shake. Not some foreigner with a torn T-shirt fighting for your rights.

What would be your version of a perfect recruiter?

Last edited by humanuspneumos on Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: The perfect recruiter: What? Reply with quote

humanuspneumos wrote:
What would be your version of a perfect recruiter?

She's dreamy.
Morning Calm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this accomplished, except you have to delete the part about recruiter's fee. There are "some" recruiters (not very many) that work for smaller franchises at their head office who do not get paid recruiter's fee. These people generally have little power, but have some influence over the whole duration of the year toward the director because they get the teacher for "free"

This is rare however, but I could name a few.

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: