Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Buying some Australian produce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melbournegirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Buying some Australian produce Reply with quote

Wondering where/if I can buy some produce like honey, olive oil, vegemite from? I live in Bundang but of course can get to Seoul.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Giant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try the Hannam-dong supermarket near Itaewon. Basically there are a few places around there you could buy foreign stuff from.

Also, look here:

http://www.homesick-kiwi.com/

I know you are not a Kiwi but almost!! Very Happy
big_fella1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Buying some Australian produce Reply with quote

Melbournegirl,

I would appreciate it if you could add Tim Tams, and Bundy to that list. I can get XXXX at Home Plus in Yong Tong.

Thanx
Ekuboko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can buy some okay olive oils at the bigger supermarkets like Lotte Mart and E-Mart. There are a couple of brands they carry that you may be familiar with, like Bertolli and Rizzoli.
fdwilliams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject: Imports -- try Costco Reply with quote

Another good place for foreign products -- including imported foods, wines, electronics, etc. is Costco. It costs $35 a year for membership (if you don't have a friend who will take you). Membership is unconditionally guaranteed -- you can quit and get your money back, and all products also have money-back guarantees.

Costco is like a warehouse and sells large sizes or quantities of most things. It has many products that aren't found easily in Korea, and the prices are usually at or near the lowest anywhere.

There is also a big E-mart, maybe the biggest in Korea, near the Yangjae location (Subway 3 line -- map at http://www.costco.co.kr/eng/whs_853.htm ). Maps for 4 other locations in Daegu, Daejeon and two more near subway stops in Seoul can be found at that site, too.
peppermint

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best get someone to mail you some honey- you can buy it here, but it's insanely overpriced
stakay

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegemite - Crying or Very sad sadly the last time I went to hannam market it wasn't there. i get it sent over now Laughing
stumptown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: Buying some Australian produce Reply with quote

big_fella1 wrote:
Melbournegirl,

I would appreciate it if you could add Tim Tams, and Bundy to that list. I can get XXXX at Home Plus in Yong Tong.

Thanx

My ex-gf came back from Australia with some Tim-Tams and I don't think I've ever tasted a better cookie. I would love to find some of those as well.
dogbert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rata honey.
lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Closest place I've found with real Tim Tams is Thailand. Not much help, I know. Other countries have the Indonesian made (licensed by Arnott's) Tim Tams. Next time I go to Thailand I'll take some orders.
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mgirl.. just have your mum get somethings at the shops and box it up you will have everything you want in a week! worth the cost!!
shipping is around 100bucks! like I said worth when you open a box of all the goodies you want! thats the only way to go!
thats what I do!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: