Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Morco Polo Recruiting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GottaBeKD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Morco Polo Recruiting Reply with quote

Any information regarding marco polo recruiting would be worth a hundred thank you's. Thanks in advance (99 left).
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I didn't get a good vibe from their website, so I went with other recruiters instead.

Maybe it was the photo of the cheerleaders that they ripped from some guy's personal photo gallery that did it. Those girls are actually in Australia during the 2000 Sydney Olympics, as opposed to being in Korea. Not that it really matters, I guess...
stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:15 pm    Post subject: Marco Polo Reply with quote

I was surprised to see that Marco Polo was charging a placement fee TO THE TEACHER !! I sent them a letter expressing my feelings about this. They replied that they would not charge me a fee if I became their client . Rolling Eyes Tsk ! Tsk !
captain kirk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, marco polo charges the teacher 164 dollars and something cents or something as a placement and administration fee which is NECESSARY TO their operation, they say. if you contact recruiters in seoul there is absolutely no charge, they charge the school. i guess they figure someone in canada will pay this fee just to boost out to their new life at sea, like marco polo. every been to sea, billy? watch out fer the cap'n Twisted Evil , ee's in a vile, overchargin' black state, aye.
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's several other recruiters that cater specifically to Canadians who want to head over to Korea:

tkrs.ca
www.canconx.com
www.hancanjob.com
www.widecanada.com

There's a few more as well, but they're rather dodgy.
JohnQP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Recruiters Reply with quote

I don't think there's anything wrong with Korean recruiters per say, but they definitely shouldn't be charging a fee. You'll have to pay for your E2 visa, transcripts if you don't already have them, and likely a fedex fee, but none of that goes to the recruiter.

A few other Canadians recruiters are:

www.interpacificrecruiting.com
www.esljobbank.com
www.dphelps.pe.kr

I have yet to hear anything 'damning' about any of these, but finding a job is just like shopping for any other product..."buyers beware!" Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: