Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for acoustic guitar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d-rail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: looking for acoustic guitar Reply with quote

i am looking for a good price on a new or used acoustic guitar. i only want to spend about 300,000 won, so nothing too special.

Also, i was wondering if anyone has any advice on Korean made guitars. i went to a big music store and saw all kinds of stuff but most brands were new to me. i know that i need to find one that i like, but what advice would you give given that i have no previous knowledge of any past reputation?
Number22

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Cort" is a korean company that makes acoustic guitars. The prices here are quite good. They're much cheaper than back home. For 300 000 you can get a decent Cort with a real nice sound. Try Nogwon arcade for the best prices and selection on stringed instruments.
khyber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a takamine for sale (the low end of the high end stuff i say...) but it's just outta your price range.

If you want korean brands, i suggest Not cort. My personal experience with cort has been that they're pretty blasse, though i'd bet i'm in the minority.

I bought my wife this guitar called "Hessod". It's one of the best guitars i've ever played. When you go though, be very careful to take a good look at it. At the shop i was at, there were a lot of guits with tiny imperfections (an inlay on the front of the body that was mismatched; a crack in the back of the neck; that kinda thing....).
So i'd suggest a hessod AND a good inspection.

oh, i bought that guitar (no pickup) for only 160G...with pick up, it was 190G.

I am selling my tack and gonna get get the one with the pickup and then get a mic....
oh yeah...
d-rail

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should have mentioned where i live for all of you wanting to sell. i am in icheon, and have only been here for about a month. getting to seoul is no problem but going south is a little harder for me. remember how it was when you first came and everything was so new? So, unless you are in my area or seoul area no need to pm me with for sale guitars. thanks and i cant wait to start playing again!
xeno439

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the 8th floor of New Core, or wherever the cultural center is in the New Core near you. Yamaha store
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got about 8 guitars for sale. Feel free to make an appointment and pop bye vor a visit.

www.harpo.ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Number22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: Corts do sound better with age. Give em' a chance man! For a mid-range guitar I think they're pretty decent.....and he did ask for a "Korean Made" guitar after all....
Harpeau

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corts are pretty good, but sometimes there are problems with the necks warping in extreem ways.

I've gotta find me one of those "Hessods" that the guy previously mentioned. Never heard of them before.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: