Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ethnic Koreans not as desirable?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanKorea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Will go check that out!
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Their deadline has Passed Reply with quote

Moseley is right.EPIK does have a lot of problems.Their deadline for application officially closed June 27,but you could contact them anyway and maybe they would consider your application anyway.
Soju erner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanKorea-

Speaking Korean would help you get other types of jobs in Korea besides teaching english. Not speaking Korean, even though you look Korean, will cause natives here to come up to you and expect you to know what they're talking about. Since you seem to be able to understand more than you can speak, I don't think that situation will be problematic for you. I've heard that some Gyopos get harassed by the natives for not having learned Korean, even though we grew up in a non-Korean speaking country. Just shrug it off though, if that happens to you while you're here..

Have you gotten any solid offers yet? Where are you hoping to land a job? I think Seoul is probably a better place to look for a job as a Gyopo than Pusan. I know more korean-american/korean-canadian etc, there than here and they are all working on an F-4 visa either part-time/private or university. Also l'il kim has a good point about coming here first. I also had a hard time getting people to respond online when i was in the States. Actually being able to meet people here, and call them up to ask about the job seems to help. I may have a couple part time jobs lined up by next week, but am not sure if they're solid yet. I got these by being introduced to directors and so on through other people I met. So I really think that being here and meeting people is a sure way to get a job somewhere. Anyhow, that's about it for now. Good luck.

SE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: