Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

western food online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meatball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:42 pm    Post subject: western food online Reply with quote

Hey I found a great site that sells western food online in Korea. The site is www.grocerymall.net
Some stuff is cheaper, some isn't, but its really nice that you can get everything delievered to you....if you spend more than 30,000W, you get is shipped free. They are based out of Jinju.
There's a nice hunk of chedder with my name on it.... have fun Smile Razz
desultude

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I checked it out, and it sure saves shipping from the States.
Hotuk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Cheese Reply with quote

I saw that 22,000w hunk of cheddar, but it doesn't say how large it is. There's virtually no cheese in my city, so I'm interested. Any idea? If it's too small, there's always the Red Door in Itaewon...
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I go to COSTCO. They have all the western food I need. Nachos, cheese salsa, dill pickles, and much more
PootyTang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Macaroni!

34,500 won for refried beans!

Shocked

meatball

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Daegu so I have the comfort of going to Carefour, Costco, Walmart etc., but it would take a whole day just to get everything I can get in one shot. I don't have a car, so its more conveient for me. About the size of the cheese, its huge, the other half is in the freezer right now and that part doesn't have the weight on it. I would think its about 2kg. Costco is great but even the ones in Seoul sometimes don't have this or that. Its a crap shoot every time you go. I got chef boyardee and Cool Ranch Doritos...other times, not even Campbells....good luck,
Grim Ja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Benifit of ordering food from a web site is that it is delivered to your house. You don't have to do any travelling or work. I know I can get all that stuff elsewhere, but I must go to about 5 different stores all around the city. I guess I am getting lazier in my old age.
Ya-ta Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:32 am    Post subject: On-line Food Reply with quote

There is also www.Yoricome.com which has a larger selection.
Skippy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browsed www.Yoricome.com and boy was I impressed. Larger selection then www.grocerymall.net and in some cases better prices. But all in korean so ordering is going to be a touch difficult. To browse western food on the site enter in Mikuk (hangul) in the search area and you will get about 700 different items.

Ya-ta Boy have you order from Yoricome.com? How did you find the service? How did you pay?

If someone who has the time and korean ability browse the site and tell us what there is?

Skippy the Evil Twin Twisted Evil
IconsFanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ack! Yoricome is selling Hondashi (Japanese bonito fish soup stock) .... does this mean it's an expensive "import" in Korea????

I'll die without my Hondashi...

I'm assuming there would be a Korean equivalent, no?

U.S.A.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: WOW! Reply with quote

I just checked out www.yoricome.com and it's a bomb! Man, oh, man! So much to choose from. It's a shame they don't have the site translated into English.

I have just been going page by page to see what's there and each page is a wonderful suprise. They even have taco kits.

USA
meatball

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: i know Reply with quote

My korean is good enough to knwo the products, but I can't figure out how to place an order....
mack the knife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 12:44 am    Post subject: online shopping Reply with quote

i didn't see anything on those websites that you couldn't get at carrefour, costco or even korean dept. stores, and the prices were more expensive than what i have found....for instance, that fish soup "hondashi", i saw that at lotte dept. store only yesterday, along with a dozen other japanese items. and taco seasonings...if you are in seoul you could get that (along with cheap refried beans and taco shells) at the namdaemun underground foreign arcade, hannam market near itaewon, the red door store in itaewon (on the same street as Gecko's), and hundreds of other small black market basement shops which you normally find in buildings near large apt. complexes. i found cheap cases of guinness, sam adams, becks and heiniken at one of those shops in gangnam (sorry, my little secret Wink )
mack the knife

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:42 am    Post subject: my little secret Reply with quote

if i disclose this most valuable information, every mutha on this board will be rushing to this place...and then like everything popular here, the prices will go up....suffice it to say, there are plenty of underground, small black markets, you just have to know where to look...like i mentioned before, buildings near large apt. complexes are a good place to start....

word Wink
The Lemon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(reprinting for yodanole, and moving the thread back to the General Forum. Looks like this one got moved during the Big Move mistakenly.. thanks yodanole for finding this worthy thread in the archives - Lemon)

yodanole:
I want to thank Ya-ta boy for your www.yoricome.com reccomendation. I gave it a try and was very happy. It saves me the time and in most cases money to get things I can't get here in Ulsan. Even if I can get them here, it still saves me taxi or bus fare and multiple travel times to get it. Wow, they even have instant mashed potatoes! I know, I know, but what are your comfort foods?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: