Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ethiopean restaurant in Seoul?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treeplanter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Ethiopean restaurant in Seoul? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if there's any good Ethiopean restaurant in Seoul? I'm craving for some good ethiopean and would like to know if i can find any in korea.
I miss Toronto for all the great restaurants!
briguy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to give this post a needed bump. Just spent the last 4 days in Toronto and ate at Ethiopian House. Good Stuff:) So, please, someone, chime in with an Ethiopian restuarant in ROK, as it is my favorite food and I would be a pig in @#$% if I could have some every once in a while.

B-
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ethiopia has food?
waterbaby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Great Wall of Whiner wrote:
Ethiopia has food?

Was that really necessary GWoW? Not funny...
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Ethiopian food as well.. my ex-girlfriend was from there.. so I have a craving for it as well.

Is it really your guys 'favorite' food and you have cravings for it or do you just say that because it sounds cool to say? I mean, its alright and I like it.. but I can hardly say I have cravings for it like I would for other more cheaper and more common foods found in the West.

Anyhow, to your question, unfortunately, I don't know any in Seoul. Unfortunately.

I do know a small handful of Ethiopians who hang around in Itaewon though. Maybe they know something I don't know, and the next time I see them, I'll ask them and post on this thread.
briguy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiger,

It really is my favorite food. If I could eat it everyday I gladly would. I spent 6 months in Uganda and was first introduced to it there and can't get enough since then. Whenever I am in a new city I try to scope out their Ethiopian restaurants. Anyhows....basically, I just feel healthier after an Ethiopian meal more than any other food. Closely followed by Ugandan (impossible to find) and Mediteranian.

Thanks in advance for asking the Ethiopian peeps in It.

-Bri
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

briguy wrote:
Tiger,

It really is my favorite food. If I could eat it everyday I gladly would. I spent 6 months in Uganda and was first introduced to it there and can't get enough since then. Whenever I am in a new city I try to scope out their Ethiopian restaurants. Anyhows....basically, I just feel healthier after an Ethiopian meal more than any other food. Closely followed by Ugandan (impossible to find) and Mediteranian.

Thanks in advance for asking the Ethiopian peeps in It.

-Bri

Oh okay, I gotcha. Yeah, I know what you mean. Its like eating galbi in the USA as well.. its so over-priced, but having lived here, I really crave it and miss it and want it. But as much as my friends that I bring there love the taste, because of the price, they don't really develop a craving.

But, anyhow, I can see where living in Uganda you'd get a serious taste for the stuff and have cravings.

I haven't seen any Ethiopian restaurants in Seoul.. but I do know a small handful of about 10 Ethiopians in Itaewon. I will ask them. There is also a significant Nigerial population in Seoul. They might know of something as well that could hit your cravings.

For Meditteranean, thats definetely in Itaewon, but very very over-priced.. as is everything thats foreign here.. including even something as common as Thai is way overpriced here.
Blue Flower

Location: The realisation that I only have to endure two more weeks in this filthy, perverted, nasty place!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never eaten Ethiopian food - what sort of food do they have? Sounds really interesting.
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eat with your hands, use bread, that's all that's coming to me right now. It reminded me of some Moroccan food. I've only had it a couple times, so I'm certainly no expert. Enjoyed it though, pretty good stuff.

Ethiopian restaurant in Seoul, now THAT would be an impressive find Smile.
jajdude

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see that too. I think Seoul is starting to bring in more foreign restaurants and various foods. The younger people are trendy and may give something a try, so it's a good market for foreigners to try I think. A few years ago it was hard to get a sandwich, well, outside Subway's. Now it's easy. But mainly Koreans like Korean food, and some Italian, Chinese or Japanese, and fast foods. So Ethiopian may seem quite obscure. Any Greek or Russian here by the way? Too bad Thai, Mexican and Vietnamese are all scarce too.
lille

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old thread, back from the dead!

I've had a wander around Itaewon and found a little clutch of african-type restaurants, but none have Ethiopian eats. Having lived near the Ethiopian strip in Toronto before coming here, I'm missing the food something fierce. Anyone know where a body could find it? I see that previous posters in this thread lamented the lack of mexican food as well, and that's sure as heck changed in recent years here.

If I wanted to go have some really good Ethiopian food - some puffy sour injera and earthy lentil wot and some super thick coffee - is there a place to go in Seoul?
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucheon bum wrote:
eat with your hands, use bread, that's all that's coming to me right now. It reminded me of some Moroccan food. I've only had it a couple times, so I'm certainly no expert. Enjoyed it though, pretty good stuff.

Ethiopian restaurant in Seoul, now THAT would be an impressive find Smile.

Since returning to the States, I've had Ethiopian a few more times. It really is good. And cheap. At least in DC and here in San Diego.
littlelisa

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lille wrote:
Old thread, back from the dead!

I've had a wander around Itaewon and found a little clutch of african-type restaurants, but none have Ethiopian eats. Having lived near the Ethiopian strip in Toronto before coming here, I'm missing the food something fierce. Anyone know where a body could find it? I see that previous posters in this thread lamented the lack of mexican food as well, and that's sure as heck changed in recent years here.

If I wanted to go have some really good Ethiopian food - some puffy sour injera and earthy lentil wot and some super thick coffee - is there a place to go in Seoul?

I've been asking around and haven't heard anything. Even did a search in Korean on Naver and still nothing. If anyone finds out about an ethiopian restaurant, I would be the first person through the door on the opening day.
yellow111

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an ethopian restaurant called Club Zion today in Itaewon. They had injera on the menu. Has anyone tried it yet?
littlelisa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where it Itaewon was it? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: