Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how difficult is EPIK?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Squaffy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What you see... Reply with quote

Austin wrote:
Have you ever addressed high frequency words in the development of your teaching style?

Austin - you have given the game away you twerp Laughing

And your side-kick Mody too.............

Bye bye..... you 2 are busted.

Reply to this and I will out you.

Hugs xxx

PS: All Forum readers - notice how Austin and Mody go for any EPIK thread?
Austin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:36 pm    Post subject: What are you writing about... Reply with quote

Respond to what and you will out what?

Buy a vowel!
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: What? Reply with quote

Now I am "Austin's sidekick"???
Squaffy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha!

Austin and Mody replied ASAP.

Nuff said.

xxx
adventureman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squaffy wrote:
Gotcha!

Austin and Mody replied ASAP.

Nuff said.

xxx

What the hell are you talking about?
Austin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Austin on Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Anda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

Squaffy said:
Austin - you have given the game away you twerp

Um, if you write a sentense here it will break it down into word frequency levels

http://language.tiu.ac.jp/flc/tool.html

http://language.tiu.ac.jp/flc/index.html

High-frequency words are the 100 or so most commonly used words in printed language. Though the English language contains millions of words, over 50 percent of all text is composed of these 100 words. These words often present a special difficulty to early readers. Many are phonetically irregular (there, not "theer;" could, not "cold"), and they tend to be abstract and have no visual correspondence, or even easily understood definitions. Yet these words are essential to reading. If students are to read quickly and fluently, they must have these high-frequency words memorized to sight; otherwise, decoding will take up much time and effort, frustrating the reader and blocking easy comprehension.

Recognizing high-frequency words by sight primarily involves memorization, and memorization comes most easily through repetition. Students need to read and write high-frequency words as often as possible. Reading A-Z's high-frequency word books will assist in word memorization since students can keep their own copies of the books to read repeatedly.

Last edited by Anda on Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Agreeing with Austin Reply with quote

I am not "Austin's sidekick"(whatever that implies,sexually or nonsexually).I have NEVER even met the guy.We have flamed at each other...but I definitel agree with him on his last post.We ARE not"sidekicks", though,We are NOT the same person using a different handle and we have never even met each other.

So we both respond to the same post.So what?As Adman points out"what the HELL is Squaffy talking about?

I guess being called a twerp is nots o bad..you would have to ask Austin about that one.Persoanlly,I know I have been called worse than that,and on this forum,too. Smile
Also,there was a time in the past when Squaffy threatened to "out"Austin...some time ago,on another thread.
One wonders,since Squaffy was apparently not even involved in this thread,why he jumps in with some kind of threats suddenly?As Adman says "What the hell is he talking about?

And then Anda(sorry ,Anda,I think you are probably basically a nice guy) posts another boring SOMETHING...that leaves everyone confused and shaking their heads.

Maybe there are SEVERAL people who should take their meds??? Rolling Eyes
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject: Well? Reply with quote

Well?????Don't tell me you are all speechless(or "postless")? Or perhaps you are teaching class right now. Or eating lunch.Well,the roof has not fallen in on me yet. Laughing Woder what the devil he was talking about???
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: The "n" Reply with quote

Wonder,not "woder".Mody
adventureman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I'm just getting ready to go to bed...it is eleven o'clock at night for me right now...oh and Mody Ba don't forget to stop by at orientation..Austin has already promised me that he will have a nice hot Kimchee souffl� wanting for you in the oven if you make the trek in that will positively bring tears to your eyes....

Even though am a little strange in both real life and this forum (Remember the Asian Capitals Trip? Very Happy ) You probably won't be able to pinpoint who I am either, just as you don't think many people would be able to recognize who you are in person.... Embarassed
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Well.Thanks Adman Reply with quote

I will definitely keep orientation in mind(that might bring tears to my eyes,too)...but HOT KIMCHI SOUFFLE!How could I resist? Smile
Mosley

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:51 am    Post subject: Petty bureaucracy .... Reply with quote

Thomas' revelation of what was done to his project is yet another example of what a farce EPIK is compared to JET....
Mody Ba

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:13 pm    Post subject: Exactly,Moseley Reply with quote

Moseley is correct about Thomas and his project.A real shame it was never used.I also think it is a real shame Thomas is still not teaching for EPIK(although he may be happier,now).He is obviously a professional. Smile
Anda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:40 pm    Post subject: Um Reply with quote

When EPIK started up there used to be positions higher than level one that were supposed to make up lesson plans. Guess what they did get made up but other EPIKS never got to see them. From provience to provience material gets made up mainly for workshops these days but it only ever gets used once.

Anyway at least one can be sure that they will have to prepare their own material if they work for EPIK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: