Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

persian cat to sell
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nolankerr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: GF Reply with quote

Is your girlfriend 100% Persian or a mix of middle eastern nations?
Is she house broken?
Thanks!
p.s. I could never sell a cat that I've had for 3 years! Well, unless that cat was crazy and did all sorts of bad things...Like stealing or cheating on tests...then I would sell it off.
Best of luck with the sale. You may need to think about just giving her to a good home though.
maniitok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: pet 4 sale Reply with quote

no problem selling a cat. If you were giving it away nobody would complain because we live a relatively nomadic lifestyle.

I would take it.. how much are you selling it for?
itaewonguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooch wrote:
.... not when you paid USD 500.- for it. maybe next time you should aks first before you come up with your own conclusions...

you can't afford it? tough *beep*!

no its becuase you care more about money than the cat!
you should be worrying about finding a good home for your cat not some wons for your pockets!!
maniitok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: itaewonguy = silly Reply with quote

Look, when you get an animal you usually have to pay money. my parents own horses and it is silly to think that people would give a horse away for free. The reality is that selling horses has everything to do with people breeding top quality animals, caring for them, etc. This costs money. Paying for a horse gives back what the people put in. The best animal care-takers raise great animals. People who sell horses love them. The same is true with a cat, dog or even adoption. When one adopts a chid they pay money because the process costs.

If Itaewon guy, or anyone else, wants to play the "money is the root of all evil" game.. it is non-sense. Or money is an intrusion on love... Simply not true.

Keep in mind that we, english teachers, are realtively nomadic and paying for a cat is helping to pay back costs associated with a special animal. I'm not a real advocate of persians over any other cat. My favorite cats are usually mixed breeds ("domestics"). My favorite cat in the world was a rescue cat my family found. No "royal" blood in his veins.
khyber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MY dog has been hit by a car. We've had to pay thousands of dollars to keep/get her healthy. We buy her medicine. We buy her food.
We invest our busy time in walking her. We take the time to pick up her poo.

We do this because we LOVE our animal.
We would want to find a good home for her because we LOVE our animal.
We have invested a LOT of time and capital into our dog and she (with the except of her gimpy leg) is a fine specimen right now.
Does that mean that if we would have to get rid of her, we SHOULD sell her?
Quote:
The reality is that selling horses has everything to do with people breeding top quality animals, caring for them, etc. This costs money. Paying for a horse gives back what the people put in.
You make it sound like caring for an animal ALONE makes a cost obligatory.
Quote:
This costs money. Paying for a horse gives back what the people put in.

Quote:
If Itaewon guy, or anyone else, wants to play the "money is the root of all evil" game.. it is non-sense.

It isn't about "root of all evil", it's about supplanting the real reasons why you own an animal.
"Creating the perfect horse", means you have to show it love. Not to love it and care for it, but so that you can sell it and people can appreciate it as a great house.

There are people out there who want their animal to be happy for its own happiness
Don't tell US that wanting to care for an animal and its own well being is non-sense...

Raising an animal, for the SOLE purpose of selling it, to ME is ridiculous.
maniitok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: simple reading exercise Reply with quote

I was hoping you weren't going to turn this into a diatribe - but you did!

Caring for an animal costs money. Do we need to break out Maslow's hiarchy of development? Having a child means you are going to need to shell out lots of money for the child to have a fighting chance. It means good food, good schools, clean local environment, paying for hobbies, etc.

It's a sad part of life but true nevertheless. So let's move on to a credible argument.

If we must get rid of a dog, should we sell it?
Basically, you have a good point. My cat - if i had to sell him for some necessary reason - would I charge money. I wouldn't. But, my cat is a regular farm cat. I invested little more than shots, collar, litter box, etc. So I would not sell it. I would give it away to a thoughtful owner.

But, if I had a pedigree horse that I paid a lot of money to buy. Sure, try to resell it (if I must part with it or cannot care for it). Nothing wrong with it.

But this is your argument. You haven't proven it to be shallow, unloving or equivalent. Argument over until you prove such. Diatribes aren't a credible argument.

Does that mean that if we would have to get rid of her, we SHOULD sell her?
Quote:
The reality is that selling horses has everything to do with people breeding top quality animals, caring for them, etc. This costs money. Paying for a horse gives back what the people put in.
You make it sound like caring for an animal ALONE makes a cost obligatory.
Quote:
This costs money. Paying for a horse gives back what the people put in.

Quote:
If Itaewon guy, or anyone else, wants to play the "money is the root of all evil" game.. it is non-sense.

It isn't about "root of all evil", it's about supplanting the real reasons why you own an animal.
"Creating the perfect horse", means you have to show it love. Not to love it and care for it, but so that you can sell it and people can appreciate it as a great house.

There are people out there who want their animal to be happy for its own happiness
Don't tell US that wanting to care for an animal and its own well being is non-sense...

Raising an animal, for the SOLE purpose of selling it, to ME is ridiculous.
khyber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you had a free CAT, you'd give it away...if you had a PEDIGREE HORSE you'd sell it.
If this was your basic argument, i can't argue with it.
I thought you were going into some kinda gray area.
maniitok

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: your argument Reply with quote

basic debating rules... you claimed selling an animal is unloving, shallow, etc.

I claimed that it is okay, if the care costs (are such with a pedigree) exist - as is such with a pedigree animal. I know because my mom owns a very special horse. It's the direct decendent of "Bold Ruler" a very famous race horse. So, the offspring of "bold ruler" are treated like kings and care costs are much more than a regular work horse. I followed this argument by saying I prefer regular animals as much as (and in some cases) more than pedigree. In the case of a pedigree persian cat the same rules apply as any other pedigree animal. Selling it doesn't mean she loves it any more or any less. She paid money to buy it - this also doesn't mean she loves it less because she paid money to purchase it! If you think you can raise a child on maximizing your loving vibe you are sadly mistaken.

I'll give you an example. When I pay to use my favorite park - Algonquin Park in Ontario, I understand that my fees go into the maintainance of the park. Or at least the money SHOULD go to maintaining the park. My fees help keep the park alive esp. considering developers would like to turn it into a kinko's. With any pedigree animal - a lot of effort, time and energy is spent to maintain these animals. So that's why a persians cost is higher than a regular long hair domestic cat. It's not like people pay a lot of money for a persian cat because people are duped into believing its special.

if I adopt a kid, the money spent to adopt goes into the services associated with the process. Let's call it a tax.

So leave the seller alone and stop the "pseudo-christianisms".
Khunopie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you consider a trade with a defrosted pedigree penguin?
maniitok

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: good point Reply with quote

solid offer
Lemonade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooch wrote:
ok you wanted to know so here we go:
I love cats and in my homecountry, you can get one for free at any farmplace.. here, thats not possible. I was asking around where to get one, i got referred to a street in seoul where they sell cats. the only kind they sold were persians. so i bought a persian female.
that cat turned out to be pregnant. soon I had 5 (!) instead of one. Thank god, 3 colleagues at work decided to take one. I kept one. But the two didn't get along (mother-daughter....). The little one has a skin problem and is getting treaded at the moment in a clinic. I really love both but I have to give away one. I decided to keep the daughter. Since I paid for the mother, and it is a real persian, I considered it fair enough to sell her so at least I would get that money back.
All the little ones had that skin decise (except the mother) and that treatement was EXPENSIVE!!!
anyways. thanks for reading this post and passing on the info.
cheers, runner

ps: i'm not an english teacher, so sorry for the mistakes

mooch, I hate to break it to you but you will not be able to sell a three-year-old female cat either in America, Korea or anywhere else for that matter. I don't care what the breed the cat is - unless you are talking about show/breeder quality, which this cat is certainly NOT. My mother's been breeding, showing and judging cats for about sixteen years in the USA so I know a little something okay. Also, I've been breeding horses for over 18 years and I can't believe you are here comparing horses with cats! These are completely different kinds of businesses and you should know this. You are in Korea trying to sell a full grown cat. Think about how much sense this makes. Most people in Korea don't even like cats in the first place. What you are doing is worse than trying to sell ice to an Eskimo. At least an Eskimo needs the ice. No one needs a full grown cat that is well past the cutsie phase. Now, why are you REALLY trying to get rid of this cat? And, if you were really serious about this "selling" this cat you would have put up pictures and a nice discription of the item. This is what people do when they really are serious about selling something.
maniitok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: ridiculousness Reply with quote

i can't believe how people are totlaly clouded by misguided emotions and a general discontent for life itself.

This idiot starts by saying you won't be able to sell a cat. People sell cats all the time and since buying a cat can be $20 - selling a full grown cat isn't a problem (only for this sour grape). I compared pedigree animals. I didn't compare the horse breeding industry with the pedigree cat breeding industry. She is in korea selling a cat on an English teacher forum.. Pretty obvious amigo that western teachers like cats. She not selling it to a korean audience. Damn. You pointed out your ignorance towards animals "people don't need a full grown cat because it's past the cutsie phase".. no man, a real animal lover loves an animal regardless of its age.

You don't need to post a photo to sell a cat. If she gets an offer, then, she can start with the photos. Maybe she doesn't have a digital camera. Maybe she's not computer savy, etc..

this writer is probably angry because he's been hog-wonized in EF-HelL)

mooch, I hate to break it to you but you will not be able to sell a three-year-old female cat either in America, Korea or anywhere else for that matter. I don't care what the breed the cat is - unless you are talking about show/breeder quality, which this cat is certainly NOT. My mother's been breeding, showing and judging cats for about sixteen years in the USA so I know a little something okay. Also, I've been breeding horses for over 18 years and I can't believe you are here comparing horses with cats! These are completely different kinds of businesses and you should know this. You are in Korea trying to sell a full grown cat. Think about how much sense this makes. Most people in Korea don't even like cats in the first place. What you are doing is worse than trying to sell ice to an Eskimo. At least an Eskimo needs the ice. No one needs a full grown cat that is well past the cutsie phase. Now, why are you REALLY trying to get rid of this cat? And, if you were really serious about this "selling" this cat you would have put up pictures and a nice discription of the item. This is what people do when they really are serious about selling something.
mooch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sold!
maniitok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: good for you Reply with quote

i'm glad you got a buyer. I was worrying about my 2 months in thailand - what to do with a cat..

cheers

ell
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: