Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEEDED: SMALL CAR WITH GOOD GAS MILEAGE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ucfvgirl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: NEEDED: SMALL CAR WITH GOOD GAS MILEAGE Reply with quote

Well, missed out on the great deal Gideon was offering. I couldn't come up with the money in time. So, I am still looking for a cheap automatic car. I have decided to stay another year here in Korea....so I need something that will be no problems for the next year and a half. Prefer something with air conditioning for the summer, but it's not required.

Last edited by ucfvgirl on Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
elksnitis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: 5 speed Reply with quote

learn to drive a 5 speed, it's much cheaper and more fun.
cubanlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Automatic, IMO, is better for Korea. All of these up and down slopes...man....when the roads get icy...try starting the car using stickshift on an uphill slant. Better yet, you get stuck in traffic going up hill with a stick. hahaha. Knowing Koreans and the way they drive..they'll be right on your tail too.
ucfvgirl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Still needed Reply with quote

Bump
IlIlNine

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cubanlord wrote:
Automatic, IMO, is better for Korea. All of these up and down slopes...man....when the roads get icy...try starting the car using stickshift on an uphill slant. Better yet, you get stuck in traffic going up hill with a stick. hahaha. Knowing Koreans and the way they drive..they'll be right on your tail too.

Sorry .. I just have to say something here.

Either you don't know how to drive stick or you don't know how to drive stick well. In all situations, it gives you more control than an automatic would.

Let's put it this way -- there are many things you can do with a stick that you can't do with an automatic, and many things that you can't do with an automatic than you can with a stick.

All tied up with a racist remark. Great going. You really DO know absolutely nothing!
ucfvgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Still looking Reply with quote

Bump
cubanlord

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IlIlNine wrote:
cubanlord wrote:

Sorry .. I just have to say something here.

Either you don't know how to drive stick or you don't know how to drive stick well. In all situations, it gives you more control than an automatic would.

Let's put it this way -- there are many things you can do with a stick that you can't do with an automatic, and many things that you can't do with an automatic than you can with a stick.

All tied up with a racist remark. Great going. You really DO know absolutely nothing!

Yes or no, automatic is easier to usewhen in an uphill situation with snow or ice?

SMACK@)(*#(@!!!!*@! Now STFU. That was my point. If you weren't so quick to jump the gun, you would have seen the true meaning of my comment. Now...as for the Korean comment, do Koreans NOT drive bumper to bumper? Do they not ride your tail (within 2 to 3 meters) when driving? If you say no, you really must be in la la land. With that said, go trade in your two dollar education and with the money that you get, invest in a decent pair of glasses. You obviously are oblivious to your surroundings if you don't notice these things.... Rolling Eyes
I-am-me

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add my own experience....I have been driving here about 2 weeks with a stick...and I would gladly trade it in for an automatic. There are just too many stop lights here. I live on a hill and there is no way I would park on it....yes..the koreans will park an inch from your bumper...in front and back. Automatic is the way to go in korea..specially in the city. Shocked
IlIlNine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cubanlord wrote:
Yes or no, automatic is easier to usewhen in an uphill situation with snow or ice?

SMACK@)(*#(@!!!!*@! Now STFU. That was my point. If you weren't so quick to jump the gun, you would have seen the true meaning of my comment. Now...as for the Korean comment, do Koreans NOT drive bumper to bumper? Do they not ride your tail (within 2 to 3 meters) when driving? If you say no, you really must be in la la land. With that said, go trade in your two dollar education and with the money that you get, invest in a decent pair of glasses. You obviously are oblivious to your surroundings if you don't notice these things.... Rolling Eyes

Thread hijack! Yay! (someone get the girl a car, quick!)

How is an automatic easier in snow or ice? I mean - with a manual, at least you have the clutch as a means to control engine power on the slippery stuff. Up hills, all you have to do is use the parking brake and you will never roll back. I really don't see the problem. Ok then ... your poor driving technique is the reason for your choice of an automatic transmission. Fair enough.

Koreans don't ride on my tail, no. The only time I notice them driving bumper to bumper is when ... there is bumper to bumper traffic. Why aren't they on my tail? Because I'm always going faster. Besides the car, I ride a motorbike every day in traffic here... so if you're going to start saying I don't know anything about what I'm talking about well... it'll be fun replying to you.

Meh, whatever. Drive whatever you're happy with.
ucfvgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Arguments Reply with quote

This posting was never ment to start an argument over which one is better: Manual or Automatic. The reason I need an automatic is because I don't know how to drive manual. I have never learned and to be quite honest, don't really care to either.

So for those of you who are arguing which one is better, can you please do it somewhere else? I am just looking to buy a used car if someone is selling one. Thank you!
IlIlNine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think of it this way ... everytime someone replies, you get a free bump to the top.

And you're complaining? We're doing you a favor here!

Why don't you be more specific about what you're looking for?

How much are you willing to spend? Do you want a small car? Big Car?

There's a big auto-depot near seongnam/bundang where they sell a lot of cars (I'm pretty sure it's an auction) Some Koreans go there, buy some cars, and try to turn them around quick on the street right next to it. Hah! I was there 6 months ago and they were trying to sell me a Kia Credos II for 1,000,000. It's kind of shady, I admit - I wasn't too interested... but if you know a Korean mechanic or something, it may be a cheap way to go. If you need more specific directions, let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: